Officer - Admin & Finance
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
Responsible for the effective running of all support areas, i.e. Finance, Operations, HR, Data and IT, and ensuring that Bureau meets its financial and compliance obligations.
Candidate must be eligible to work in South Africa
6-12 Months Fix Term Contract
- Oversees all Operational matters (including IT, HR and Premises) and supports the editorial team in relation to field operations and other activities as required.
- Provide operational administrative and logistics support for News team
- Handle the administration and maintenance of the Bureau's infrastructure
- Responsible for identifying emerging governance issues e.g. in Accounting Standards, Health & Safety.
- Ensures the bureau is in compliance with local law and Al Jazeera policies and procedures
- Oversees integrity, protection and effectiveness of the database; reconciliation of all related financial transactions; and ensures data protection compliance and income maximization.
- Work closely with Procurement and ensures the best practices, and get approvals as per TOFA
- Coordinate with the banks, legal advisors, insurance brokers, IT and other professional advisors.
- Responsible for Risk Management and Contingency Planning / Disaster Recovery.
- Coordinate the shipping of all bureau equipment and secure required documentation from local authorities
- Sustain proper and accurate filing and tracking records for Administrative subjects (Leasing Contract, Water & Electricity Bills, Visas and others)
- Assist employees and refer them to the concerned person or department for any inquiries
- Place orders whenever required for office supplies
- Help support divisions and provide local support and data as requested by the concerned Regional Head of Support sections (Finance, HR & Technology)
- Arrange business travel arrangements for team members and visitors
- Prepare reports as required by International Services manager or Regional Director
- Liaise with local bankers, legal advisors, insurance brokers, IT and other professional advisors.
- Supervise cleaning contractor and security contractor, and Maintenance by following procedures, e.g. monitoring log book and issuing visitor badges.
- Monitor car vehicles log book.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages. - if there is no bureau secretary
- Handle the collection and delivery of mail - if there is no bureau secretary
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls.
- Prepare, coordinate and arrange documents for courier services and for those to be dispatched to government offices.
- Responsible for the financial & management reporting processes in Bureau, ensuring the availability of timely and relevant information for the respective regional Hub.
- Responsible for the effective management of internal controls and the operation and effectiveness of all processing, including the payroll & accounting systems.
- Responsible for leading the development and review of annual financial plans, budgets & targets with other departments.
- Provides timely and relevant performance reports to international services manager and Regional Director as required.
- Responsible for ensuring all statutory returns are prepared and filed with respective authorities in an accurate & timely fashion.
- Responsible for managing/monitoring any tax issues – e.g. direct/indirect/withholding taxes.
- Responsible for the management of Bureau pension administration (If any) and liaison with external pension provider.
- Management of relationship with the external auditors, including being the key contact for audit planning and completion. Implements any action points arising from the Audit Management Letter.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative/finance role
- Knowledge of local laws and the process of handling governmental documents.