- Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Merand Corbett & Associates
- Assist the Finance Manager with budget planning & control as well as facilitate the purchases of office/building essentials.
- No direct reports however jobholder will have to manage all service providers and contractors.
- The incumbent will be required to have basic knowledge of estate/building maintenance.
- The incumbent will be required to have basic knowledge of the Environmental, Health and Safety procedures required for managing the overall operations of the office/estate.
- The incumbent will be required to manage/coordinate the security requirements for such an estate/building as per the company security SLA and represent the estate/building on the
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies including Health and Safety protocols.
- Supervise maintenance activities and manage outcomes of service providers to ensure performance.
- Manage security requirements for the site as per the company Security SLA. Represent site at the monthly security meetings and take ownership of security requirements with the help of the security contractor.
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for management team
- Manage driver bookings and vehicle services and anyÂ maintenance required on the vehicle.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Provide Personal Assistant support to multiple managers
- Support Chairmanâ€™s PA with any administrative tasks as required.
- Permanent substitute for Chairmanâ€™s PA
Confidentiality is a priority. The job holder must be able to communicate clearly and effectively and interact confidently at all levels, both internally and with external parties. An individual of integrity, diplomacy and discretion, who is flexible and works calmly under pressure. Must remain polite under all circumstances. Must be able to work independently at times. Must be able to make sound decisions when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 qualification
- Appropriate professional qualification (minimum NQF5) in:
o Facilities Management
o Executive Assistant
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Especially excel)
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt to change easily
- Solution focused and timeline driven
- Strong creative thinking, communication and implementation skills.
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Strong values and ethics and ability to maintain professional independence and objectivity and act based on personal professional conviction and confidence
- 5 yearsâ€™ proven experience as an office administrator or personal assistant, managing various activities in a comparable role.
Behavioural Competencies & personal attributes
- Drive & confidence
- Good communication and Listening skills
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Effective & timely delivery of the responsibilities as described above, in a professional manner and as reasonably expected by senior management.
- Have a positive attitude, be professional and respectful, be pro-active, show professionalism persistently, ensure honesty, integrity and discretion when working with highly sensitive information.
FRAMEWORK AND BOUNDARIES
Systems, policies, procedures and rules
Jobholder will be required to operate within the scope of all company processes and procedures and must adhere to all company systems, policies, procedures and rules
Jobholder will be required to make sound decisions at all times especially as it relates to purchases, maintenance upkeep, service provider contracts etc. Jobholder will be expected to be pro-active in decision making regarding various office related matters.
Always be aware of the company culture and corporate image and adhere to that
JOB CHALLENGES/PROBLEM SOLVING
- High level of accuracy
- Politeness at all times
- Confidentiality requirements
- Deadlines of documents, etc.
Internal working relationships
Staff, managers, directors, executives, co-workers
External working relationships:
Various service providers and contractors including but not limited to:
- CoCT - Municipality Bills (Historical Homes/GPV)
- Aircon Services
- Cleaning Services
- Coffee Suppliers
- Fence and Gate Services
- Fire Extinguisher Service
- Garden Services â€“ Bee, Borehole, Irrigation, Trees, Swimming Pool
- Painter Service
- Pest Control Service
- Plumbing Service
- Roof Service â€“ Thatch Roof/Sprinkler system
- Security Services
- Telephone / Internet Services
- UPS/Generator/Diesel Services
- Environment, Health and Safety consultant