Mechanical Engineer with GC
- Gqebera, Eastern Cape
- Top Vitae Recruitment
About the position
Responsible for making sure equipment and machinery runs smoothly in the plant. Achieve this by planning, organising and controlling the work load of the technicians who maintain the machinery, ensuring that this is done within the framework of the budget.
- BSc (Eng), B Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- GCC Factories.
- At least 5 years’ experience in heavy industry would be an advantage.
- Supervisory management skills.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer literate, able to organize, plan and prioritise work.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and quality control.
- Optimize plant availability and reduce breakdowns.
- Machinery planned maintenance.
- Ensure quick responses to breakdown calls.
- Implement any improvements on equipment
- Ensure legal compliance of the OHSACT.
- Work towards ensuring a safe workplace.
- Machine checks.
- Execute capital projects and plant improvements.
- Establish and control maintenance and project budgets and daily expenditure.
- Correspond with training department on requirements and courses available for the up-liftment of workforce.
- Be a team player and focus on achieving production targets.
- Be part of a work integrated team
- Plan work for annual shutdowns.
- GCC – Government Certificate of Competency (Mechan
About The Employer:
Our client in the heavy industry is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with GCC, to join their dynamic team.