- Kuils River, Western Cape
- Kuils River, Western Cape
An exciting and challenging opportunity, based at our Support Centre in Kuils River, has just become available for a Marketing Manager: Digital within the Ackermans Marketing Team. We are looking for a resilient, efficient, and influential individual who can add strategic value to our business by being responsible for the delivery and management of the Digital Marketing strategy to support the Company’s marketing and communication objectives.
This position for Marketing Manager: Digital, reporting directly to Chief Executive: Marketing, is an exciting and challenging opportunity that will require the successful candidate to manage the owned digital platforms of the business as well as the digital marketing strategy for all the products and services of the business.
- A Degree in Digital Marketing/Marketing or an equivalent qualification
- Google Accredited Courses
- A qualification in information systems, web and mobile design or development would be advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge of digital media, digital channels and the analytics of these
- Knowledge of digital industry, trends, tools and techniques and the integration thereof
- Know best practice in digital to advise and influence decision-makers about the digital initiatives, priorities and opportunities. Specifically around UX ,SEO and Web based CMS
- Knowledge of digital reporting and various analytical tools
- Affiliation of data and a strong understanding thereof
- Excellent understanding of integration across digital channels (Web, App, USSD, Social Media Channels, Google, Facebook, e-mail and sms)
- Excellent understanding of Digital Media Mix, strategy, buying and reporting.
- Understanding of Google Marketing Cloud or similar
- Knowledge of the various social media platforms, their reporting as well as the technical requirements and data behind them
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including advanced Excel competency or Google Suite
- An understanding of the various market value propositions, and the accompanying shopper?
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within, as well as outside the company?
- The ability to create a shared vision and to positively influence others
- A strategic and forward thinker, with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Cross-functional collaboration (essential between Marketing, Online Commerce and Merchandise functions)
- The ability to give input into company-wide initiatives and translate these into actions required of Digital Marketing
- Project management skills
- Effective conflict management skills??
- The ability to be resilient, have tenacity and maintain high levels of drive and initiative under pressure
- The ability to prioritise?
- The ability to work independently, as well as be a team player?
- Sound strategic thinking skills, as well as the ability to formulate functional objectives related to business strategy?
- Exceptional planning, organising & time management skills??
- Formulating strategies in a changing global/local context?
- Must be adaptable, outcomes focussed and solution driven?
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, people management, team management & leadership skills?through coaching and mentorship
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant marketing experience gained in a marketing and digital environment. This experience should include working with web design, social media, web sites electronic media & mobile channels, strong understanding of the connected customer, data and analytics, as well as exposure to retail and digital environments.
- Experience in working with data and analytics
- Experience in UX, SEO and web-based CMS
- Exposure to IT Service Management practices
- Knowledge of job ticketing system
- Formulating the strategy for promotional and positional marketing on all digital channels and platforms working with partners on the digital and digital media strategy implementation and execution thereof.
- Briefing of new developments requirement to ensure that platforms and activities stay relevant to the target markets expectation thus enabling Ackermans to offer enhanced and superior customer experiences.
- Collaborate with online commerce team to drive website traffic and sales conversion through the conceptualisation and execution of planned marketing content online, quick response marketing initiatives in accordance with sales opportunities/insights.
- Drive the photography and deployment of online commerce website product imagery through the on-site photography studio.
- Development and management of the Digital Marketing process flows from handover of the promotional grid to post campaign analysis.
- Compiling, analysis and/or interpretation of various reports to ensure delivery of critical business KPIs required for business performance.
- Managing the SBU structure and placements (people) within the team to maximize productivity and achieve departmental objectives.
- Developing and empowering the Digital Marketing team by implementing sound people management practices, employee relations and a climate and culture of high performance.
- Exposure to customer deployment Solutions / platforms
- A sound understanding on how to build audiences to the above-mentioned solutions