Marketing Coordinator - Birkenstock
- Century City, Western Cape
- Ares SA
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to assist and support the Marketing department of our brand in its primary and administrative duties. This position is great for an aspiring marketing professional looking to work on business-critical projects and gain relevant work experience. The candidate must be self-motivated, be able to plan their own work, and carry projects from start to finish.
PR and Social:
- Coordinate product sourcing and packaging for influencers, events, prizes, shoots, giveaways, and campaign seedings.
- Assist the team with all courier jobs to stores and local media and influencers.
- Monitor social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Brief PR designs and creatives with graphic designer.
- Assist with the organisation of brand productions (shoots, product, sourcing from store).
- Assist with the planning and hosting of events, and activations.
- Provide support to the marketing department.
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Management of marketing samples.
- Invoice stock for product sourcing.
- Manage relationships with retail staff to communicate marketing campaigns.
- Assist with showroom management.
- Coordination of team events; birthdays, lunches, meetings, training.
- Assist where needed with PowerPoint presentations.
- Asset and marketing collateral management.
- Manage mall marketing relationships and activity.
- Prepare and brief content for trade activations with print suppliers.
- Prepare and send regular content to wholesale accounts.
- Assist with promotional marketing requests.
- Help with collateral for stores undergoing a revamp or relocation.
- Contribute to the creation of branding and POS.
- Education Level: Diploma, bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business administration or a related field
- Years’ experience: 0-1 years practical experience
- Location: Paarden Eiland, South Africa
- Employment type: Temporary, 6 months (can lead to permanent employment)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter that is proactive and takes initiative.
- Understanding of different marketing channels.
- High-level of organisation and attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint. Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams).
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest).
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and stick to deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, driven, and resourceful problem solver.
- Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator software experience not required, but a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Must have code B and transport.