Logistics / Warehouse Intern
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Graduate Placements
Job DescriptionMedical equipment distribution company requires a Logistics / Warehouse Intern (must have a diploma or degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or similar) for a 24-month internship. The successful candidate will be exposed to processing, consignments, reporting and quotations, as well as general administrative functions.
- Receiving & sending of all required stock.
- Processing of all stock transfers.
- Weekly cycle counts.
- All stock to be rotated
- Ensuring all stock items dispatched are supported by the correct paperwork.
- Overs & under-report streamed on a weekly basis.
- Notification of Stock shortages and recommend stock level changes.
- Ensure that all stock items received are as per documentation.
- JDE reports to be pulled and checked daily.
- All pick slips for product range must be confirmed and when shipments arrive, back orders must be released.
- Filing of all documentation daily.
- Preparation & participation of monthly (change to Bi-Annual) stock takes.
- Assist with pulling, packing & IBT of stock.
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures.
- Our business runs a 24-hour operation and you will be required to work shift and call duty as agreed and directed by your Line Manager.
- Ability to work under pressure, work to deadlines and use initiative.
- Tough resilient demeanor.
- Positive drive for self-learning.
- Outstanding work ethic
- Assertive and confident with the ability to prioritize.
- Customer and service orientated.
- High achievement drive
Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or similar;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel;
- JDE (or similar ERP) experience an advantage;
- Valid driver’s license with own reliable transport. - not negotiable
- Good, and clear communication, fluency in English.
- Due to our operation candidate needs to be able to work after hours, night shift, on call and for stock takes – not negotiable.
- Good computer skills (i.e., MS Office package).
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Completion bonus