Legal and Compliance Administrator
- East Rand, Gauteng
The purpose of the Administrator is to oversee and assist with legal and compliance issues, including supplier compliance
Key objectives of this role will include providing support to supplier and client contracting by owning and maintaining a database of Teraco’s contractual terms with suppliers and contractors ensuring client obligations are addressed.
Day to day responsibilities of this role will include (not exhaustive):
- Administration of documents within agreed timelines and quality;
- Review and analyse contracts with suppliers and contractors to ensure that the terms achieve Teraco’s commercial objectives;
- Act as a central point of contact and co-ordination between internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide administrative assistance to the Legal & Compliance team;
- Provide administrative support as part of the supplier due diligence process, including uploading information to databases, liaising with supplier relationship owners within the business and checking submitted documents against policies, processes and governance frameworks;
- Liaise with internal teams and individuals at all levels of seniority to support smooth delivery of services of the Legal & Compliance team;
- Ensure adherence to the company's compliance requirements and take corrective action where necessary;
- Identify improvements to existing processes;
- Monitor implementation of contracts and ensure conformity to the requirements of the contracts;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to support wider compliance and risk activities in relation to; the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), H&S, and information security; quality, anti-bribery and corruption
Qualifications, Work Experience And Knowledge
- Legal/Commerce qualification
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Admittance as an attorney
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail