- Woodmead, Gauteng
- Provides general legal support to subsidiaries / business divisions within AECI group pertaining to commercial law, litigation, debt collection, contract law, corporate and dispute resolution.
- Supervise external service providers on a cost benefit basis.
- Maintain relationships with external legal advisors, local and cross border.
- Conduct research and develop legal frameworks, analyse local and international trends that could impact the business.
- Conduct assessment on labour legislation compliance, locally and cross-border.
- Conduct business improvement initiatives on ethics and corporate governance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a LLB.
- Must be an admitted attorney of the High Court.
- 5 to 8 years post qualification experience.
- Substantial experience in corporate commercial matters.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including corporate law, competition law, environmental law, explosives law, mining law, tax law, labour law etc.
- In depth knowledge of legal processes and procedures.
- Experience in a contractual / procurement environment.