- Johannesburg, Gauteng 2001
- NTT Ltd.
NTT is a leading global IT solutions and services organisation that brings together people, data and things to create a better and more sustainable future.
In today’s ‘iNTTerconnected’ world, connections matter more now than ever. By bringing together talented people, world-class technology partners and emerging innovators, we help our clients solve some of the world’s most significant technological, business and societal challenges.
With people at the heart of our success, NTT is committed to attracting and growing the best talent and providing an environment where everyone feels they can belong and their contribution matters.
Manages legal business matters pertaining to the organization.
Want to be a part of our team?
Provides a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients.
Acts as advisor on legal issues involving the organization’s government and regulatory compliance.
Reviews legal data and advises organizations on appropriate legal action to be taken.
Performs litigation on the company’s behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal matters handled by outside counsel.
Demonstrates experience in general corporate matters, including corporate organization, securities compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, and contract management.
Experience in trade secrets, advertising law, registration, and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry as well as SEC reporting. Requires a law degree.
Working at NTT
Legal Advisors collaborates with group, regional, and/or unit legal resources on the delivery of general legal counsel to NTT. The primary responsibility of this position is to participate in the provision of legal counsel to businesses, first-line Legal Managers, and Senior Legal Managers within NTT. They assist with the finalization of client deals, legal coordination and participate in the delivery of company policies and procedures, ensuring legal consistency within the areas in which they operate. These individuals offer detailed legal support to business/management which also includes the drafting and reviewing of agreements on general corporate matters, e.g. leases, procurement, logistics, etc) and conducting presentations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the delivery of general legal counsel to other legal resources within NTT Ltd.
- Participate in the provision of legal counsel to business, first-line Legal Managers, and Senior Legal Managers within NTT.
- Work closely on the finalization of client deals, legal coordination and contribute to the development of company policies and procedures, ensuring legal consistency within the areas in which they operate.
- Offer detailed legal advice and commercial support to management on transactions with clients, suppliers, and other 3rd parties.
- Work closely with the risk management team to assist with the revision and development of company policies and procedures and contribute to the management of corporate governance.
- Participate in the delivery of legal counsel and commercial support to the Bid management team on low complexity and smaller clients and/or vendor proposals and transactions.
- Ensure the consistency of commercial, legal, and risk management in the business units in which they operate by working on strategic projects.
- Offer detailed legal support and contribute legal information to low complexity labor matters within NTT Ltd.
- Support the team with the implementation of compliance policies and the dissemination of regulatory information within the assigned business unit.
- Support with coordination of litigious matters.
- Provide regular reports on the status of legal issues being dealt with.
- Ensure that all relevant information regarding legal matters is accurate and kept up to date by updating the legal activity progress documents and providing regular reports on problem status to the relevant management teams and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information clearly and succinctly
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Good commercial acumen
- Proactive approach with excellent attention to detail and planning and organizing skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business
- Ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, Legal
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role (commercial or legal) within a global organization
- Demonstrated success of providing sound legal advice
- Specialist experience working coordinating information across multiple regions
- Subject matter expert on key legal trends that impact business and case law
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
A career at NTT means:
Being part of a global pioneer – where you gain exposure to our Fortune 500 clients and world-leading global technology partners and work with a network of over 40,000 smart and diverse colleagues across 57 countries, delivering services in over 200 countries.
Being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology – backed with a 150-year heritage of using technology for good. With 40% of the world’s internet traffic running on our network and where Emoji were first invented, you can be proud of the group’s many new ‘firsts’.
Making a difference – by doing meaningful work that helps to shape the future for our clients, and across industries and communities around the world.
Being your best self – in a progressive ‘Connected Working’ environment that promotes flexibility, connection and wellbeing. Where diversity and different perspectives are embraced to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Having ongoing opportunities to own and develop your career – with a personal and professional development plan and access to the broadest learning offerings in the industry.