- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Dimension Data
Are you looking for a career that offers great career progression and is also full of opportunities? We believe this Legal Advisor could be the right fit for you!
As a Legal Advisor, you will be responsible for managing legal matters pertaining to the organization. Provide a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients. Act as advisor on legal issues involving the organization’s business units and affiliate companies. Review legal data and advise organization on appropriate legal action to be taken. Demonstrate experience in general legal corporate matters, including drafting legal transactional documents, license agreements, advising on data privacy, tender reviews, legal risk and contract management.
- Participate in the delivery of general legal counsel with other legal resources within NTT Ltd / Dimension Data MEA.
- Participate in the provision of legal counsel to business.
- Work closely on the finalization of client deals and contribute to the development of company policies and procedures, ensuring legal consistency within the areas in which NTT Ltd / Dimension Data MEA operates.
- Offer detailed legal advice and commercial support on transactions with clients, suppliers and other 3rd parties.
- Participate in the delivery of legal counsel and commercial support to the bid management team on client and/or vendor proposals and transactions.
- Work closely with risk management team to mitigate legal risk and assist with the revision and development of company policies and procedures and contribute to the management of corporate governance.
- Support legal strategy, standards and precedents and leverage learnings to enable business priorities and circumvent legal risk.
- Conducts legal research of significant legal issues.
- Drafts and prepares contracts, agreements, and other legal documentation for a variety of different subjects.
- Support with co-ordination of litigious matters and briefing external counsel when required.
- Provide regular reports on the status of legal issues being dealt with.
- Ensure that all relevant information regarding legal matters is accurate and kept up to date by updating the legal activity progress documents and providing regular reports on problem status to the relevant management teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor of Laws.
- Strong analytical, general commercial contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Telecommunications and Information Technology industry experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise multiple matters, and to work independently and effectively with various in-house clients, peers and other parties.
- Admitted attorney or advocate – added advance.
- 5+ years of legal advisor/ legal assistant/ contracts manager experience.
- 4+ years of post-articles admission experience.