Labour Relations Office
- Braamfontein (Braampark), Gauteng
- Phanda Personnel
About the position
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The
incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein subject to travel across the national footprint.
- To provide complete support, coordination and implementation of all Labour / Employee Relations initiatives / interventions, in order to ensure consistent, fair labour practices and compliance with labour legislation to foster industrial peace
- Provision of Labour / Employee Relations support / initiatives and interventions,
- Promoting and maintaining sound employer and employee relations in line with statutory requirements and best practice,
- Facilitate the management of discipline, grievances, incapacity and dispute resolution,
- Capacity building of line management and employees on Employee / Labour relations and legislation,
- Ensure, monitor and verify compliance with labour law.
- Foster constructive relations with trade unions
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Attributes) Required
- A recognized three (3) year tertiary qualification in Labour relations or Human Resources Management. or equivalent qualification, a post graduate qualification in labour relations will be an added advantage.
- At least a minimum of three (3) years' experience in Labour Relations / Employee Relations including working in a unionised environment and a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory position.
- Labour Relations skills with a proven track record of facilitating internal disciplinary, incapacity and grievance processes, and appearance before external dispute resolution bodies such as the CCMA and other related forums.
- Workplace knowledge and understanding of labour laws with a proven up to date knowledge of relevant case law.
- Ability to research and implement best practices.
- Computer literacy, project management, analysis, report compilation and presentation skills.
- High analytical skills and the ability to work independently
- Labour Relations
- Project Management
- Computer Literacy
- Presentation Skills