Lab Assistant Jobs at Sappi
- South Africa
Lab Assistant (P14)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Laboratory Assistant to take samples throughout the Mill every hour.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will be responsible for:
• Accurate sampling on an hourly basis at various points in various plants.
• Preparation of in-process and final pulp samples for analytical testing.
• Operation of laboratory instrumentation.
• Credible data generation and reporting using the Laboratory Information System software program.
• Compliance with all ISO methods for the tests performed.
• Analysis of final product to declare production in terms of oven-dry tons.
• Analysis and reporting of special samples requested by the plant.
• Communication with production personnel with regard to safety problems in the plant.
• Accountable for the correct use of PPE, housekeeping and general safety applicable to sampling and tests performed.
What are we looking for?
• Matric with Maths and Physical Science/ N3 Pulp and Paper
• Chemistry/ Lab related qualification will be advantageous
• Laboratory/Pulp and Paper industry experience will be an advantage
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
• learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
• Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
• Market-leading leave benefits
• Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 14 February 2023