Key Account Manager - Africa
- Midrand, Gauteng
- TAC Recruitment
Job DescriptionGauteng, Midrand R 700000 - 950000 CTC Agriculture / Animal Feed Industry: Manage sales within the designated Africa region by ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through proactive planning, deployment, and management of the sales team within their region. Key responsibilities:
- Implement and drive the organisations overall strategy by achieving market share, profit share and customer satisfaction objectives across the region, within defined expense budgets.
- Provide regular updates on regional performance and sales force efficiencies with recommendations
- Monitor market conditions and advises management of changes in competition, product availability or related matters.
- Collaborate with the management team in establishing and recommending realistic sales goals for the region.
- Streamline sales processes and systems
- Personally observe the performance of the technical sales team in the field on a regular basis in order to ensure that the sales team are interacting professionally and providing excellent solutions to their customers.
- Build strong relationships with strategic customers
- Supports product development in launching new and overhauled products to the market.
- Collect and evaluate customers feedback regarding product innovations with the aim to enhancing customers experience and increasing market penetration.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 plus relevant bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 7 years sales experience within the agricultural/animal feed industry, of which 2+ years included sales team management
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a sales team would be beneficial
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information with the aim of identifying business solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Results orientated with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive travel - > 4 000 km's and spend 10+ nights away each month, previous experience traveling within Africa is preferable