Junior Legal and Compliance Officer
- Centurion, Gauteng
- iMasFinance Co-operative (Ltd)
- Provide overall business enhancement by ensuring the legal contractual and regulatory requirements are adhered to. Monitor compliance with relevant legislation in the financing environment of iMas.
- Provide legal advice, analysis and/or opinions on all legal matters.
- Identify any legal issues and impact that may arise from the changing regulatory landscape.
- Update existing legal policies on an annual basis and provide to for approval and sign off.
- Review legal documents.
- Draft agreements and develop legal precedents
- Conduct research on new and existing products.
- Conduct regular compliance monitoring exercises.
- Promote and sustain an ethical compliance culture
- Prepare reports on legal and compliance matters when called upon to do so.
- Provide input on legal and compliance related topics and policies to HR for training purposes
- Consult and collaborate with all relevant external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and maintain a document management strategy.
- Manage of internal policies and guidelines (version control, change management)
- Complete Individual Development Plan. Attend learning and development courses. Participate in peer and team learning initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree LLB OR B Proc
- Compliance Institute Membership – Desirable
- Admitted Attorney – Essential
4 years experience post articles (Operational)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business acumen, knowledge of relevant Standard Procedures and Codes of Practice,
- Knowledge of applicable financial legislation (e.g National Credit Act, The Protection of Personal Information Act, FAIS, FICA,The Co-operatives Act, the Companies Act and the Consumer Protection Act),
- Financial acumen.
- Knowledge of document management principles and systems,
- Strong research and drafting skills
NB: Shortlisted incumbents may be required to submit a draft of a contract pertaining to a specific scenario.