Junior Financial Accountant
- Malmesbury, South Africa
- Opportunity within a company with a solid track record of performance
- A role that offers a breadth of learning opportunities
Your Responsibilities will include :
- Managing the GL reporting and processing of journals.
- Maintaining fixed assets register.
- Liaising with AR / AP teams on month-end closing activities.
- Timely and accurate month end closing and monthly reporting.
- Liaising with auditors and preparing audit schedules.
- Ensuring tax compliance by reviewing direct and indirect tax returns, tax provisions and attending to tax queries.
- Developing and leading both tax-savings opportunities and tax solutions through working closely with multiple stakeholders.
- Providing advice and guidance on all tax related matters.
- Working with finance and other cross-functional teams to implement and improve end-to-end tax process and procedures to mitigate risks.
- Ensuring the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of financial statements by performing monthly, quarterly and year end closing and reporting.
- Reviewing consolidated monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports.
- Provide guidance on accounting standards and their treatments.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors.
Skills Required :
- You are a Qualified Accountant (SAIPA - preferably or SAICA
- You have at least 1 year experience within a Financial Reporting, Accountant (General Ledger) or Corporate Tax role, ideally within the Manufacturing industry.
- You are highly goal and deadline driven.
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard.
- You are a strong team player who can engage multiple stakeholders.
Our Client is a manufacture and distributor of cabinetry and decorative hardware in the kitchen, office, furniture, office installation industry, office desking frameworks, aluminium sliding door / kitchen cupboards and life style mirrors.