Junior Art Director
- Remote in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- The Designerie
Who is The Designerie?
A place where meaningful work and integrity is at the core of everything we do.
We build brands, we ask questions, we push boundaries, we collaborate and innovate.
Embracing The New Normal
We have embraced a hybrid approach, with some of our time working from home and some in an office environment where we can nurture and mentor our team. This hybrid approach means we have to be disciplined, more communicative and work well with teams remotely.
Who Are We Looking For?
A graphic designer, who will work with leading FMCG brands in the food and personal care sector. This person will be required to play a role in the creative conceptualising of original ideas and executions for roll out into packaging, print, in-store and digital.
- You must work well in a team, utilising technology to assist collaboration
- Be eager to learn and understand the processes
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Have high standards in terms of the design work you deliver
- Your thinking must be innovative and creative
- Be efficient and organised
The Must Haves:
- Graphic Design Diploma from DUT or similar qualification;
- 5 or more years in a design role
- Experience working in packaging design
- In-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques;
- Hands-on experience (Proficient) in Photoshop, In-design and Adobe Illustrator.
- Understand the print process and setup
- Portfolio of completed design projects to be attached.
What Does The Role Entail?
- Bringing the brief and concept to life, based on the client's vision and needs
- Keeping budget, time, and production constraints in mind
- Preparing mockups and presenting concept/designs
- Proofing artwork
- Adapting and rolling out approved concepts to various media, above and below the line
- Adhering to brand identity guidelines
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders about project progress and issues that may arise
- Working with external departments to extend concept and visuals to other internal and external marketing-related material
- Making sure artwork is in the correct size/format/colour codes before sending to press and production facilities
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time if required
Salary: 20-22K depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R20,000.00 - R22,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)