- Wellington, Western Cape
Our client in the Agriculture sector in Wellington is looking for a Junior Accountant to join their financial team.
The successful applicant will be able to gain valuable experience in a wide range of finance functions within the company, which includes, but are not limited to assisting the Finance team in the following functions:
- Bookkeeping and accounting functions for foreign entities
- Preparation of schedules (accruals/cross charges etc) for monthly management accounts
- Cashbook reconciliations
- Creditors function for foreign entities
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Stock management (raw material and finished goods)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist with yearly budgets.
- Assist with yearly audit.
- Assisting with weekly cash flow forecasting.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist Snr Accountant with various ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Detail orientated and attention to detail.
- Analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BCom Finance degree, must at least have passed Financial Accounting 2 (Financial Accounting/Management Accounting stream), or a Diploma in Financial Accounting with 2 years’ work experience.
- Computer literate (Excel - Advance)
- Own transport
- Must be able to function under pressure and to function independently.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility.
- No experience needed if candidate has the relevant BCom finance degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience needed if the candidate has the relevant diploma.
Salary: ±R18 000 p.m.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks' time, please consider your application as unsuccessful.