JNR Graphic Designe
- Westville, KwaZulu-Natal
- Master Builders Recruitment
About the position
Title of Position: Junior Graphic Designer
Department Name: Print Studio
Reports to: Print Studio Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
To design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs for the customers of the Association.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Junior Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the preparation of a variety of skilled graphic designs and layout work in the preparation of various projects/requests using various production techniques and assisting in the print studio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Design Corporate stationery for customers.
- Concept /Design adverts, flyers, magazines, and work on special projects.
- Process copy and finishing jobs for customers.
- Assist with merchandising and stock control.
- Operate digital printers and large format machines.
- Assist with stock take.
- Assist with keeping the shop area neat and tidy.
- Assist at Exhibitions.
- Mark up, paste and assemble final layouts for printer.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations.
- Use Desktop publishing software to provide professional graphic designs and layouts.
- Assist the Business Development Department with other business units and marketing from time to time as and when required to do so.
- Attend to Walk in/Account Customers.
- Handling the affairs of Walk in/Account Customers.
- Timeous Invoicing of all Walk in/Account Customers.
- Assist with Cashier Duties including cash up.
- Assist with administrative duties in the Print Studio.
- To assist with the delivery of orders to customers from time to time.
- Any other duties relating to the Print Studio or the Association as a whole, which may reasonably be expected of an employee in this position.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Graphic Design / DTP Diploma, or relevant qualification.
- At least 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computer-generated graphics programs.
- Knowledge and skill in graphic design and layout.
- Knowledge of Desktop Publishing software.
- Knowledge of Corel Draw, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Writing and oral communication.
- Customer service skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Skill in the utilization of specified computerized graphic design programs.
- Intermediate to advance skills in presentation, software.
- Professional level of organization.
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Accuracy, timelines and strong organizational skills are essential.
- Need a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on deadline.
- Retail experience is preferred.
- Service experience is preferred.
- Computer and internet experience are essential.
- Must have a valid driver's licence and own transport.
Team Player, Customer service ethic, Trustworthy, Friendly demeaner, Ability to multi-task.
Salary: - Negotiable depending on qualifications/experience.
Closing date: 6 February 2023
Should you have not heard from the Association within 14 days of this advertisement consider your application unsuccessful.
- Graphic Design
Desired Work Experience:
- 1 to 2 years