Internal Audit Associate: Cape Town
- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Associate 3 : Risk (Internal Audit)
Why should I work for EY in Risk?
Risk management protects business performance and contributes to sustainability in results. It is about achieving a clear understanding of risks and developing plans to manage them.
As part of our team of risk professionals, you will work with multinational businesses and public sector organizations to develop an integrated, holistic approach to risk and control.
You will help them benefit from their investments in internal controls and have greater confidence they can respond to whatever the future may hold.
You will be engaged in delivering some of the most significant and class-leading internal audit and risk engagements globally.
As part of our market-leading global network of risk professionals, you will gain the valuable experience you need to become a successful risk advisor.
At Ernst & Young Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd (EY), we recognize that it is the perspectives, skills and enthusiasm you bring to our clients that makes the difference.
As an Associate 3 in Risk, you will make a significant technical contribution to Risk client engagements and internal projects.
Within your role, you will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you will escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you will confirm whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with EY's guidelines.
As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Your client responsibilities
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Assign and manage tasks with other team members considering engagement needs and identified business outcomes, and organize own work such that important items get done first.
- Build strong internal relationships within EY and with other services across the organization.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Collaborate with the client to identify critical project outcomes, work products, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope.
- Preparing business process descriptions through interviews with the client’s middle and senior management and documenting understanding of business process and confirm the business process descriptions by performing a walkthrough of the process.
- Identifying possible business risks and control weaknesses from the business processes under review.
- Drafting detailed audit programmes to test controls in place.
- Assessment of design and implementation of key controls as well as the operating effectiveness, accuracy and validity thereof.
- Compilation of working papers substantiating scope and results of testing.
- Review of junior team members’ working papers and provide a coaching / mentoring role.
- Draft individual sections of documents and presentations to explain issues and solution options and implications.
- Display a logical thought process in understanding client challenges and exploring possible solutions.
- Identify and escalate potential risks and issues to project manager along with suggested preventive or mitigating actions.
- Draft audit findings for review by EY Senior Management.
Your people responsibilities
- Act as a visible role model for our people.
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
- Give honest supportive feedback to colleagues.
- Take personal responsibility for own performance and career development.
- Play an active role in EY and Service line team activities.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Technical skills requirements
- Must have Honours in Internal Audit, Accounting, Business, Finance or other related field
- Working towards CIA
- Approximately 3 years of related work experience
- Related audit or applicable business experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Additional skills requirements
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic.
- Enquiring Mind
- Team Player
- Share EY’s values and vision
- Able to handle pressure
- Team building ability
- Good communication skills