Intermediate Quality Test Engineer
- Cape Town
BASIC FUNCTIONS : This is a position in Quality Assurance responsible for developing and executing performance and automation tests.
This position plans and executes effective and efficient performance and automation testing to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and / or data
- 3+ years of QA Test Engineering experience
- BS Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience required
TECHNICAL SKILLS :
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement.
- Strong knowledge of the software development process.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solid QA testing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop and execute automated and performance testing.
- Basic understanding of working within budgets.
- Understanding of industry trends.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
- Strong research skills (tools / root cause analysis).
- Good oral and written communication.
- Develop and execute automated and performance testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
- Interact with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
- Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with QA / Testing staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute automated and performance tests.
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
- Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
- Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
- Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
- Research and identify root causes of performance issues in partnership with architects, developers, and network and system engineers.
- Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends / developments that may benefit the organization.
- Conduct project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
- Work across teams to enhance quality assurance / testing and help to develop / execute performance and automation testing throughout the business as appropriate.
- Identify areas for improvement and, with leadership, peers, or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
- Ensure results of root cause analyses are addressed.
- All other job duties as assigne
Please read our