- Cape Town, South Africa
Integration / API Developer
Rubicon Group is a young, dynamic, and high-growth company operating in exciting markets. We are dedicated to advancing transformative technologies in emerging markets.
Our focus areas are sustainable technology, encompassing renewable energy and storage, e-mobility, intelligent lighting, and building management.
Why work with us?
Your work will make a visible impact in this industry and our country. We are constantly pushing boundaries and innovating in the sustainable energy industries we operate in.
You will be a part of a team that wants to make a difference and wants to hear your ideas and make them a reality. We are looking for smart, hard-working people with integrity to join us.
One of our goals is to continually improve our business, and to that end, we are seeking people who enjoy a challenge, are keen to learn, take ownership, think critically, and provide new solutions on where we can improve.
We offer a great work environment, market-related remuneration packages, and an opportunity to develop personally and within a team.
We are tasked with developing software that is at the forefront of the Sustainable Technology industry. We are looking for individuals that can continue to push innovative ideas forward and expand on our various platform offerings.
You will form part of a team that covers PV solutions, Electric Vehicle Charging, and Sustainable Building.
What we would like you to have :
- 4+ Years' experience in software development.
- Experience designing, building, testing, and implementing large, complex, high performing web applications
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of the systems development lifecycle, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding of databases and application services (e.g. queues, caching).
- Strong proficiency in web API development (SOAP & REST)
- Strong proficiency in web development concepts and frameworks (MVC, REST, JSON), SOAP and XML are a plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL with the ability to write / optimize complex queries
Understanding of the following Back-End technologies
- API design and development
- RESTful Services
- Database technologies like SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Web server technologies like ISS, etc.
Key Skills and Qualifications :
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or related IT field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical thinker with technical knowledge and a solid understanding of computer systems, databases and other technical products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Writing medium to complex systems and applications using best software development practices.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to build new features.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Experience with cloud message APIs, MQTT and usage of push notifications.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, or SVN .
Just some of what we offer :
- Because we are constantly pushing boundaries and innovating in the sustainable energy industries we operate in, your work will make a visible impact in this industry and our country.
- You will be a part of a team that wants to make a difference and wants to hear your ideas and make them a reality.
- We don't have a trampoline but we do offer challenging and innovative projects that will give you a mental workout.
- The option to be based in either our Richmond Park, Cape Town or our Walmer, Gqeberha offices.
- Hybrid work models.
About the Rubicon Group
Rubicon Group is a young, dynamic, and high-growth company operating in exciting markets. Rubicon Group is dedicated to advancing transformative technologies in emerging markets.
Our focus areas are sustainable technology, encompassing renewable energy and storage, e-mobility, intelligent lighting, and building management as well as industrial technology, comprising advanced factory automation, connectivity, and robotics.
Rubicon Group's head office is in Cape Town, South Africa, and the group operates across South Africa and in select African and European markets, employing nearly 500 staff.
For more information visit https : / / group.rubiconsa.com