Infection Prevention Coordinator
- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
- Pronel Personnel
An amazing opportunity has come up for an Infection Prevention Coordinator for a Reputable Hospital in Cape Town.
- Aid and assist hospital employees in the management and prevention while identifying and control of infections in patients and staff
- Plan, develop and implement an infection control programme for the hospital using basic infection control standards
- Monitor and investigate known or suspected sources of infections in order to determine the source and contain outbreak.
- Reviews sterilization and disinfection techniques and recommends changes as needed.
- Provide related education to staff.
- Plan and implement procedures used to identify and investigate an outbreak of infection (community or hospital)
- Evaluate sterilization and disinfection methods and recommends changes as necessary.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a registered Nurse or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Compliance with the SANC scope of practise for a registered nurse and all other applicable Health Care Legislation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Infection Management Systems
- Previous exposure to financial budgeting
- Previous exposure to Hospital Infection Prevention Policies and Practices
- Knowledge and experience in infection control practices
If you see yourself as the perfect fit please email your cv to careers pronel.co.za
Only suitable cvs will be replied to