Inbound Travel Buyer (Accommodation & Ground Services)
- De Waterkant, Western Cape, ZA
- Cullinan Holdings
Can you negotiate? Are you proactive? Can you work independently within a team? Do you enjoy developing and maintaining supplier relationships?
Can you think on the go?
If so, we have an Inbound Travel Buyer position available for a fast-paced, result-orientated person. The Inbound Travel Buyer is responsible for supplier negotiations and contracting for accommodation and ground services for a specific list of suppliers, ensuring that the Cullinan Inbound Travel Divisions are competitive in the markets we operate in and that our customers are offered the best available price and product.
The Inbound Travel Buyer would require a full view and understanding of each business and its customer requirements.
The position would be either, Cape Town or Durban based.
Key Performance Areas :
- Contracting and negotiating best rates (STO and BAR)
- To build and maintain strong working relations and support for all Cullinan Inbound Divisions.
- Ensure contracts negotiated are relevant and in line with the contracting strategy, ensuring are processed and distributed to the various divisions and stakeholders timeously.
- Successful negotiations of all aspects of the supplier contracts.
Minimum qualifications required for the position :
- Travel and Tourism Diploma is highly advantageous
- Negotiation Skills Course an advantage
Minimum experience required for the position :
- Minimum 3-5 years of Travel Industry experience preferably in a contracting environment
- Related working experience within a hotel and / or tour operating company is essential
- Working experience in negotiating contracts.
- Experience with reading and interpreting contracts, and service-level agreements.
- Must have a precise understanding of contracts and their terms & conditions.
- Excellent Southern African product knowledge.
- Experience working with rate variations including STO rates and BAR.
- Excellent computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
Skills & Attributes required :
- Be dynamic, driven, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, use initiative, work well under pressure & be a team player.
- Problem-solving skills solution orientated.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Time Management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Strong Administrative, numeracy skills, and information-gathering skills.
- Able to work outside of normal working hours and travel when required.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal and supplier relationships.
Please note : Preference will be given to applicants from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act No.
55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto) the internal recruitment policy as well as the divisions' Employment Equity Plan.