Inbound Operations Manager
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
We have an exciting opportunity for an Inbound Operations Manager to join our Distributionteam. This position will be based at Hammarsdale distribution Centre and will report directly to theDistribution Centre Manager.
By taking on this opportunity, you will be responsible for managing the Receiving, Inventory and Value-Added activities within the Distribution Centre, to ensure cost effective, accurate and timeous inflows as well as inventory management, in support of the supply chain strategy. The role is highly process driven and requires a lot of attention to detail.
- Grade 12/ Matric Certificate.
- Post Matric Supply Chain Certification
Tertiary Qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Shipping and Container knowledge
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- DC processes in major Retail Chains
- Understanding Labour Law practises
- OHASA Legislation
- Computer skills –Microsoft packages
- Financial and numerical skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Conflict and collective bargaining skills
- Administrative capabilities
- Strong Analytical skills
- The ability to:
- operate in a highly pressurized environment.
- lead & motivate diverse teams
+/- 5 years’ experience in a Managerial role within a Logistics or Warehouse environment.
- Majority on inbound and stock control related activities
- Warehouse Management system and process flow understanding.
- Demonstrate the ability of working a flexible workflow environment.
- Sound employee relations experience.
- IR and collective bargaining processes.
- Proven control and understanding of DC budgets and expenses.
- DC management experience in the retail industry
- Sound understanding of WMS applications
- Management of labour-intensive processes
- Effective Management of Stock
- Planning and scheduling of stock inflows.
- Processing of stock as per WMS procedures
- Effective stock Control
- Productivity and process management
- Productivity targets in UPM’s.
- Bottlenecks eliminated.
- Process adherence.
- Labour availability.
- Continuous Improvement
- Administration management
- Effective administration and compliance:
- Stock statements
- Receiving documentation
- Stock adjustments
- Financial management
- Effective financial controls and compliance.
- Value Added Services (VAS)
- Hanger management
- Budget control and ordering cycle of the hangers to ensure no stock-outs whilst staying within budgets
- Supplier noncompliance
- Ensure proper recording of supplier errors and process are adhere to.
- Tactical repricing is done as per business requirement
- People Management
- Employee Relations
- Employee Engagement
- Performance Management