Implementation Consultant (SDx)
- Cape Town, ZA
- Hexagon PPM
Hexagon’s Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division (Hexagon) is seeking an Implementation Consultant.
As all industries move forward with a digital transformation specific to their engineering and process, it’s important to get this right in industries with major capital asset projects.
Also, as OPEX (the plant / facility operations) lifecycle is much longer than the CAPEX lifecycle, applying the concept of the digital twin to operations represents a major change and optimization of operations.
Hexagon Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division is increasingly involved with OOs in different industries to capture and maintain up-to-date digital twins for brownfield plants / facilities.
Also, is extensively engaged with EPCs to support digitalization of their capital projects execution processes, providing a continual chain or digital thread through the project from initiation to final handover, incrementally building a virtual representation or digital twin of a facility.
These implementations are becoming more complex because of higher integration of their processes & data deliverables or because of their global aspects (driven by global OOs or EPCs).
Hexagon participates not only in their contract bid phase to determine the software solution, but also during their contract delivery phase to design and deploy an overall solution ensuring the correct integrated data deliverables through Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Operations & Maintenance (EPCCOM) processes, supported by project performance process.
Leveraging industry experience of working with OOs and EPCs is key to ensure the maximum use of ALI software in EPCCOM lifecycle of capital assets.
In this context, Hexagon acts as an advisor delivering business consulting to overcome business challenges, ensuring optimum software solution delivery and digitalizing assets to EPCs and OOs.
Whilst the Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division projects will be in EMIA (Europe Middle East India and Africa), this may mean working with companies worldwide as well as working closely with the teams in the Americas and Asia-Pac regions.
The IM Solutions Consultant will work, as part of Professional Services, with Solution Architects, Technical Leaders, System Integrators and Product Development to provide technical expertise in digitalization proposals & projects. More specifically :
Provide technical consultancy to support solution architects and technical leaders on Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division
software products within scope of expertise (IM, CAD, Project Performance).
- Assist the Technical Manager during presales by describing the implementation tasks of the software products and components selected to meet the customer requirements.
- Leverage project experience to estimate services effort to implement selected software products & components.
- Provide technical expertise to Technical Lead on projects to detailed design the solution and thus contribute in writing project Functional Design Specification.
- Act as a technical resource on projects for configuring, testing, and delivering Software applications that address customer requirements and meet quality, time & budget defined by the project.
- Support project Technical Lead in coordinating technically the technical team.
- Describe technically to Product Owners functionality in project solution’s design that can be best implemented as a generic solution within ALI portfolio.
- Keep technical knowledge up-to-date by learning & mastering the new products features / solution functions made available on each and every release.
- Share technical experience through on-the-job coaching and knowledge transfer.
- Post graduate diploma in business or software engineering, with minimum 5-year experience in industry software application / solution deployment.
- Prior experience in an industry service role.
- Demonstrated team orientation and project execution skills.
- Strong personal organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a team of professionals.
- Familiarity and conceptual understanding of Cloud environment.
- Strong English written and verbal communication.
- Ability to travel in the EMIA region.
Significant experience in the following areas :
- Involvement in multiple projects.
- Knowledge of EPC or O&M business processes in process, power or marine industry.
- Expertise in deploying Hexagon ALI software (SDx, SPF, SPO, Fusion, SDV) in the capital asset Information Management domain.
- Integration of Hexagon Design Tools with SPE / SPO.