INVENTORY ADMINISTRATOR (M Hay Band)
- Vereeniging, Gauteng
- Rand Water
Job Advert Summary
Reporting to the Administration Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for inventory management as per the Rand Water’s policies and procedures in accordance with the IFRS/PFMA as well as responsible for supervising staff at the Main Stores.
- Grade 12 combined with a relevant NQF level 6 qualification in Inventory or Financial Management.
- Five years relevant experience of which 2 years must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Computer literacy – proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent people management skills in a unionized environment
- Responsible for the overall inventory management in accordance with Rand Water policies and procedures including inventory availability, replenishment, stock counts, inventory write offs and compiling of- monthly reconciliations and relevant reporting
- Material forecasting by MRP runs on a weekly basis or as and when required. Reviewing of the minimum/maximum inventory levels. Liaison with end users to ensure stock for planned maintenance as well as identifying obsolete and redundant inventory.
- Manage the process of goods delivery, handling of supplier queries and ensuing compliance to SDS
- Fuel management by overseeing the receiving, issuing, reconciliation and storage of fuel and managing queries pertaining to fuel pumps and tanks.
- Management of bulk chemicals consisting of administering the process, creating orders, receipting issuing and balancing of chemicals.
- Supervision and motivation of staff to achieve optimum performance by ensuring that training and development meets both individual and organizational requirements and performance targets.
- Compliance with all policies procedures relevant to the Inventory/Warehouse environment.
- Inventory/Warehouse Management
- People Management
- Basic understanding of Finance
- MS Office/Accounting systems
- ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001
- People management
- Good communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Customer focused
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Good computer skills
- Report writing
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Safety conscious
- Deadline orientated
- Performance driven