ICT SOURCING SPECIALIST
- Pretoria Gardens, Gauteng
About the position
(2 year Fixed term Contract)
Job Grade: D3
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The position work closely with both the ICT and procurement teams to perform procurement of ICT products and services that are linked to the Digitisation Plan of Armscor, and manage contracts of appointed service providers.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Contribute to the implementation of the Digitisation Plan, that is, lead procurement of hardware and software services in order to realise ICT goals.
- Guide the organisation in the drafting and reviewing of union agreements and ensuring compliance therewith.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective sourcing and purchasing strategies for the ICT services and products.
- Develop and issue bids for ICT products and services, in accordance with Armscor's or any other relevant governance practices and procedures.
- Manage the negotiation process, content and results. Lead the negotiation team to define the desired outcome of a negotiation ensuring outcomes are aligned to business needs.
- Manage the resolution of contract dispute as they relate to procurement arrangements.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate cross functional sourcing team meetings to:
- Promote knowledge sharing and facilitated decision making around sourcing of ICT services and products and related supply chain intelligence strategies.
- Drive continuous improvement of purchasing processes and procedures, to facilitate cost savings.
- On-board new suppliers into the system and align them to operational processes.
- Risk management and mitigation: Enforce supplier management processes in line with Armscor supply chain governance. Monitor and report collusion of suppliers to Armscor adopted reporting channels.
- Responsible to ensure tender preparation and contract administration is in line with SCM policies and procedures
- Report on the ICT procurement status at various governance sittings of ICT.
- Bachelor's Degree / B.Tech in Mathematical Sciences or Information Systems or Computer Science or IT or Engineering / Science undergraduate degree (at least NQF level 7).
- 7 years' experience in the Strategic Sourcing environment with a minimum of 3 years in IT Hardware and Software sourcing.
- Five (5) years' experience in any discipline of IT.
- Minimum of three (3) years in Project Management experience.
- Proven contract and commodity management experience.
- Experience with complex commodity pricing models.
Short-listed candidates will be subjected to reference checking, verification of personal data and security clearance as part of the selection process. In line with Armscor's commitment to compliance with the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications is 06 February 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
- Working knowledge of legislation
- contract law
- common law principles and ethical procedures relating to calling tenders and administration of contracts
- Knowledge of practices and procedures relating to the procurement function
- particularly in relation to procurement category and sourcing management
- best practice purchasing and tendering practices
- Purchasing technical skills
- confirmed capability in each of the key sourcing skills
- Demonstrated high level of computing skills
- with proven experience using the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to quickly adapt and learn new programs as required
- Experience in preparing professional documentation in a procurement environment and selecting and using appropriate standards
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively manage complex contractual arrangements involving a number of stakeholders
- Experience in working in a flexible manner to cater for unique stakeholder requirements while ensuring compliance with relevant policies and controls
- Highly developed organisation skills
- including the ability to work accurately to tight deadlines and ability to progress several tasks concurrently allocating appropriate priorities
- Highly developed oral communication skills and sound interpersonal skills
- including superior negotiation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
Desired Qualification Level: