Human Resource Business Partner
- East London, Eastern Cape
Job DescriptionLocation: East London
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Similar with 3 - 5 years's HR experience within FMCG or Manufacturing
Closing Date: 7 February 2023
Position Summary With a history spanning over 150 years, Nestlé didn’t become the world’s leading food and beverages brand by chance. Perfection is at the heart of what we do, and our people are always looking for the next big idea to cement our status. We are now looking for a Human Resources Business Partner based in East London.
As an HR Business Partner your primary role is to develop and implement the HR strategy in collaboration with the local Unit strategy to ensure that they form a coherent whole. The HR strategy is translated into a set of HR plans (People Plan) that remain integral to the particular Unit plan. HR Plans in general will optimize the contribution of employees in both the short and long term to drive the long-term direction of the organization
A day in the life of an HR Business Partner:
- Contribute to & Execute HR Strategy: Contribute to the execution of the business plan through the creation (where appropriate) and implementation of the People Strategies that attract, develop and retain employees. Support the organisational short- and long-term business needs to drive competitive advantage and address opportunities and threats. Drive flawless execution of Global, NiM and local HR Initiatives. Co-ordinate and execute workforce planning for the specific customer unit.
- Organisational Design & Development (OD&D): Pro-actively challenge the established organisational structure of the customer unit to drive superior performance (taking account of Nestlé principles, policies & local business context). Ensure people issues are a key consideration when discussing and planning business activities. Manage effective organisational transformation and change projects using best practice methodologies. Shape the culture to align with Nestlé goals & initiatives through supporting & coaching Line managers in their implementation of core people processes. Work with leaders to enhance current and future functional and leadership capability needs.
- Performance & Talent Management: Ensure Performance and Talent Management drive the achievement of business goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration and talent development. Lead talent review/calibration to ensure high performance is rewarded and developed in line with the Management Development Cycle. Implement customer unit succession planning and talent management plans that support business goals. Ensure People Managers use tools effectively to assist individual and team performance improvement at all levels. Coaches others to interpret, apply and communicate “Total Rewards” principles/policies/strategies.
- Employee Engagement: Establish and maintain effective win-win working relationships with managers, employees and their representatives through an environment that fosters communication and co-operation. Promote and foster a culture and environment that is productive, open, empowering, safe and equitable and coach others to behave and make decisions in line with Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles and Nestlé Corporate Business Principles. Responsible for compliance in HR (policies and practices).
- HR Organizational Alignment: Be the gateway for the business into the HR function to ensure Line Managers and Employees understand the HR model and can quickly and efficiently access solutions. Collaborate and provide business insight to CoE and CoS to ensure initiatives and projects are designed and implemented that support business people plans. Provide objective and timely feedback to CoE and CoS on the quality of service to ensure the overall HR service to the business unit meets or exceeded agreed standards.
- Functional Development: Work as part of cross functional / NiM CoE HR teams to develop HR practice and process developments that enhance the HR contribution to the business. Utilise continuous improvement in HR to develop functional efficiencies and ways or working.
- Degree level education or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a HRBP function
- Exposure to Talent Management, Learning & Development, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits, Recruitment/Resourcing.
- Leading and managing change through the effective use of organisation design, development and business transformation techniques.
- Experience of working in Industrial and employee/labour relations.
- Success leading, coaching, and developing people in a high performing team environment e.g., performance management etc.
- Effective influencing and coaching of leaders.
- Leading people and projects experience.
- Successful experience in contributing to the creation, implementation & execution of people strategies for a business, function or unit.
- Worked within a Matrix environment, achieving results through effective influencing and collaborating
- Range of experiences supporting different parts of the business in order to develop broad business acumen.
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.