Hospitality Systems Consultant (HSC)
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Position Reports to: Technical Manager
Direct Reports: None
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The hospitality systems consultant is responsible for micros products installation,
- Responsible for documenting internal installation SOP’s and all project related
- To ensure high quality customer service
- To uphold adapt it micros values and procedures
- To maintain customer success in all project implementations
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
a) Project Implementation
- Meet with the Project Manager before commencement of an installation to be briefed on any
installation packs, sign-off documents, licensing & support agreements, etc…).
- Hold telephonic meetings with Project Managers outside Cape Town or communicate via
- Travel to clients’ sites.
- Install the assigned products to the requirements and satisfaction of the client and
- If assigned to be Project Leader, the HSC will co-ordinate all aspects of the installation as
- The HSC will ensure to the best of his/her ability that each project will be completed within
- Conduct project sign-off meetings with the clients, during which the sign-off documentation is
- Liaise with clients and manage each installation, training, refresher training, site visit or any
- Complete all sign off documentation and time sheets before leaving site after project
- The HSC will not leave site if any outstanding issues are not resolved without explicit permission
- The HSC will arrange a handover meeting with the project manager upon returning from a
- Create a copy of each clients’ latest database and store it at the
- Hand in all dockets with payment the next day to the administration department.
- Any major changes onsite to be communicated to the client in writing.
- Ensure a signed delivery note is completed on delivery of any system component.
- Train client, management & staff in accordance with published training standards.
- Produce training materials as required from time to time.
- To ensure that the pricelist for repairs/Changes are adhered to and that all monies collected are
- To replace/repair/do changes to the best interest of the client and Micros SA.
- Present training courses to other Micros Consultants as required.
- Each HSC is required to support the products assigned to him/her.
- Each HSC may be required to work the 24hr help desk from time to time.
- All support calls are to be logged on the in-house call logging system when assigned to support
- HSCs to maintain a test environment on their company assigned laptop/computer.
- Test and troubleshoot new versions prior to release.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
- Minimum 5 – 7 years management experience within Restaurant industry
- IT qualification i.e. A+/N+, CCNA or IT Diploma (will be an advantage)
- Micros System knowledge essential
- Must be available on 24 Hour standby from time to time
- Must be available for duty on the help desk from time to time
- Able to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable vehicle
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
a) Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Meticulous, with high attention to detail
- Great inter-personal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Team player
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and carry our assigned tasks to completion
- Manage time, resources well and demonstrate good organisational skills
- Committed, motivated and able to achieve tasks in line with deadlines
- Able to prioritise importance tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Be proactive and customer focus
In accordance with
subsequent amendments thereto.
Contact Person: Nthabi Peloeahae