Head of Organisational Effectiveness (Human Capital Exec Level)
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- McCain Foods (S Africa)
Position Title: Head of Organisational Effectiveness (Human Capital Exec Level)
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Rosebank
Grade: Grade 06
Requisition ID: 21092
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Head of Organisational Effectiveness to be based at McCain Foods’ Head Office in Rosebank, Gauteng. The successful candidate will report to the HR Director.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Head of Organisational Effectiveness (OE) is responsible for designing, improving and optimising people processes and initiatives in the fields of Learning & Development, Employment Equity, Governance, and Talent & Organisation Development for McCain Foods South Africa, with the purpose of achieving standardisation and unlocking efficiencies.
The Head of OE directs the design, planning, and implementation of corporate organisational development programs, policies, and procedures together with the HRD (Human Resources Director). Approves change management initiatives and suggests enhancements to existing programs. The incumbent oversees the development of programs to build human capital and a strong employee development culture. Reviews key performance metrics to enable accurate and valid measurement of workforce performance and to identify areas for improvement. Additionally, this role proposes changes to organisational structure to leverage talent and provide development opportunities to key leaders in the organisation. Develops systematic collection and evaluation of performance metrics. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
This role must deliver significant improvements in critical performance measures such as process effectiveness, cost saving, service delivery and employee experience whilst ensuring compliance to local legislation and best practice standards within McCain Foods South Africa. To deliver the organisational effectiveness portfolio effectively, the incumbent is further required to research, design and deliver frameworks, practices and tools.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Lead the development and implementation of the Corporate Organisational Development Strategies, Plans and Policies managing implementation against agreed corporate time frames, budget and reporting against agreed performance measures.
- Conduct research in Organisational Development, Effectiveness, and Change to bring forth the latest scholarly works and best practices in the field to enable best design of McCain’s policies.
- Lead the Organisational Effectiveness function, managing the implementation of plans and strategies by maximising the resource of the whole team and contracting with external partners as required to deliver on agreed plans.
- Develop guidelines, processes and procedures for assigned functional areas
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on the development of appropriate Human Resource Policies across the business.
- Assess current and future policy requirements to support strategic aims in conjunction with the McCain’s senior management.
- Manage the implementation and review of Human Resource policies.
- Provide thought leadership, consultation, design and execution in following Organisational disciplines:
- Talent Planning, Internal Talent Management and Succession Management
- Assessment Centre and Development Centres
- Employee Engagement
- Change Management
- Create Organisational related communications for the HR function, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Develop high-impact presentations to inform and influence key stakeholders, including the Directors and Leadership team.
- Set OE budgets and manage and control expenditure effectively.
- Lead all Organisational Development initiatives including Assessment Centres, Job Descriptions and Employee recognition initiatives.
- Proactively analyse and links current and future organisational dynamics to strategy and performance, using approved, credible and innovative methods.
- Formulate Organisation development plans and interventions that lead to significant performance improvement.
Talent Development/ People Growth and Leadership;
- Introduce innovative assessment techniques that significantly improves selection and development.
- Analyse trends in assessments and comes up with recommendations.
- Manage and analyse career and succession plans in business.
- Learning & Development;
- Ensure alignment of L&D initiatives to business goals.
- Develop tools and processes to identify future skills requirements and develop training programmes to address future needs.
- Effectively develop and manage the McCain Africa Learning Academy with clear programs and streams of work.
Governance, Compliance & Transformation;
- Develop & Support strategies and initiatives to improve the organisation’s Employment Equity and transformation plans.
- Ensure compliance to the relevant labour legislation.
- Develop necessary tools to enable monitoring of equity transformation to achieve goals in business.
Systems, Procedures, & Practices;
- Interpret and monitor HR data integrity and reporting for the HR function and Senior Line Managers; measure impact and utilisation of outcomes.
- Develop systemic functional and integrated project budgets and plans.
- Maintain, adhere to functional governance, policy, legal and ethical frameworks. Highlight anticipated changes in legal frameworks and plan for them with HRD.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements and external stakeholder relations.
- Establish, optimise, and maintain a sustainable network of business affiliates to collaborate and deliver OE interventions.
- Nurture intradepartmental and interdepartmental relations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Honours Degree required in HR, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, General Business or related field.
- 10 to 13+ years Human Resource experience in an Organizational Development / Organizational Effectiveness role with at least 5 years in a Leadership role.
- Must have experience in business transformation, process improvement, and/or change management with increasing scope, scale or complexity is required.
- Experience in assessing the organisational impacts on stakeholders affected by the implementation of new technology, products, processes, or business environments.
- Experience in developing and executing engagement and communication strategies to effectively share information with project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience in developing detailed action plans that pinpoint the impact of change on affected parties and identify the plan of action for addressing the anticipated responses to the change.
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of change management activities through the use of adoption metrics, surveys and interviews.
- Experience leading and managing others, preferably in internal or external consulting functions, is required.
- Experience delivering value in functions and operational teams is required.
- Experience consulting with all levels of leadership - executive, director, and manager - is required.
- Certifications or coursework in related functions of Organisational Effectiveness, Change Management, Lean, Project Management (organizational development and/or leadership) is preferred.
- Maintain relevant functional expertise (individual and team) by actively expanding consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, external networking, benchmarking, and industry participation and leadership.
- Team Builder: Establishes positive connections with others, solves problems and manages new ideas, and works collaboratively to bring people and culture-first solutions to deliver results.
- Organizational Savvy: Interfaces cross-functionally with both technical depth and business savvy. Understands company goals and objectives; thinks critically about business challenges and resolutions. Demonstrates keen listening and observation skills to spot and bring to life the little things that make the organization unique.
- Interpersonal Skills & Empathy: Builds relationships internally and externally and get results through influence rather than authority. Demonstrates authentic empathy, celebrates the joy and shows care for the challenges felt by others.
- Listener: Is an active and attentive listener and adjusts communication approaches and style to fit the needs of diverse customers, co-workers, vendors, and partners.
- Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional timely manner, when faced with tough situations. Demonstrates patience and resilience, is deliberate, and leads through ambiguity with compassion during difficult times.
- Problem Solver: Ability to analyse, diagnose and resolve complex unstructured problems quickly, efficiently, and collaboratively.
- Confidentiality: Has a high degree of integrity and the ability to exercise discretion in confidential situations.
- Presenter: Organises data visually and speaks clearly and persuasively in group presentations and meetings with multiple peer groups and senior management.
- Project Management: Has a proven track record of driving and motivating cross- functional team members to successfully implement technology or business projects.
- SAP & MS Office: Skilled proficiency in SAP HRIS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Agility: Handles risk and uncertainty, shifts gears with ease and speed, copes with and manages change well.
- Growth Mindset: Develops abilities through dedication and hard work, views challenges and failures as opportunities to learn and improve skills.
- Service Passion: Provides excellent service to others and seeks ways to improve that service; ensures the customer experience (internal and external) is a key consideration in policies, procedures, and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving: Solves ill-defined, ambiguous problems in complex settings using logic, process, and experience.
- Experience of policy development and implementation
- Specialist knowledge in organizational learning and development gained in Human Resource & Organizational Development function.
- Possess ability to conduct in-depth research in versatile disciplines of Human Resource and financial / banking business.
- Possess advanced interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Creativity and Innovativeness.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Human Resources
Division: South Africa
Department: Organisational Effectiveness
Location(s): ZA - South Africa : Gauteng : Johannesburg || ZA - South Africa : Eastern Cape : Port Elizabeth || ZA - South Africa : Free State : Bloemfontein || ZA - South Africa : Gauteng : Bapsfontein || ZA - South Africa : Gauteng : Bedfordview || ZA - South Africa : Gauteng : Bronkhorstspruit || ZA - South Africa : Gauteng : Katlehong || ZA - South Africa : Gauteng : Springs || ZA - South Africa : KwaZulu-Natal : Durban || ZA - South Africa : Limpopo : Marble Hall || ZA - South Africa : Mpumalanga : Delmas || ZA - South Africa : North West : Lichtenburg || ZA - South Africa : Other : Reference job description || ZA - South Africa : Western Cape : CapeTown || ZA - South Africa : Western Cape : George
Company: McCain Foods (S Africa)