Head of MFS Africa - MTN
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
About this opportunity
At Mobile Financial Services we enable financial inclusion - truly using Technology for doing good in society! Our systems are used by hundreds of millions every day for services such as peer to peer transfers, payments, disbursements, loans, savings etc. We use the latest and greatest tech and techniques to guarantee state-of-the-art software with premium quality.
The Ericsson Wallet Platform is a product which enables our customers to provide mobile financial services. Customers are operators and banks, both of whom have very high expectations on the level of security which our EWP financial solution provides and the way the solution is operated, integrated, and customized. Together we work on a product that improves the lives of millions of daily users in Africa and the Middle East. We build our financial platform to help bring financial freedom to many people around the world.
The profile we are looking for is a seasoned leader with a strong background in senior customer management, financial acumen and willingness to change financial environment in region of Middle East and Africa. Head of Cluster MFS is responsible for sales, delivery, operations, and financial result of Mobile Financial Services portfolio for a specific customer. Role is member of MMEA TEB MFS unit leadership team.
A bit more about TEB -, Emerging technologies are changing the way we interact and communicate—with one another and with the devices and machines that enrich our lives, transform industries, and create a sustainable world of possibilities. At Business Area Technologies and New Businesses (BTEB), we spearhead Ericsson's success in future markets through disciplined growth strategy and growth bets. As a bold business area built upon a legacy business foundation, we scout new growth opportunities and scale them with a lean start-up approach. And new business ideas are generated by our intrapreneurs, innovators, and our licensing and patent portfolio
What you will do
- Design, and secure the adequate level of competences in the unit to support the business demands. Plan for team development connected to MA needs. Engage with and endorse strategic learning initiatives.
- Conduct Talent Management Plan job rotation based on performance assessment of resources
- Define Performance KPI’s for the resources pool
- Manage and balance resources, cost, and competence (pyramids) based on business need and recruitment of resources ensuring diversity.
- Adjust ways of working to local customs with consideration to Code of Conduct and local OHS and safety regulations
- Ensure compliance and ethics and exhibit exemplary role-model leadership behaviors
- Responsible for a selection and leadership of team including of Program Manager, Project Manager, Solution Architect, DevOps Engineer, Front End handler and Operations Manager
- Stimulate lead generation of support sales activities and maintain MFS sales funnel
- Maintain the Business Intelligence and competitive analysis aligned with MFS Cluster/CoE
- Support the Clusters/CoE with relevant information about business insights.
- Owns and conducts internal and external regular governance to drive service delivery, operational and business forums through effective KPI dashboards and measurements with Group and its affiliates.
- Acts and lead escalation for MFS and Mobile Money customer’s executive leadership teams
- Work in close coordination with CUs and Solution Area BTEB MFS
- Ensure Governance and Escalation structure is followed in Demand management and Managed Operations areas.
- Support customer in preparation and delivery of services quarterly roadmap in alignment with CoE and SA BTEB MFS
- Normalize and maintain the standards as per FINTECH guidelines and best practices in use worldwide
- Drive improvement programs, initiate and own external & internal networks. Ensure adherence to global and MMEA MFS processes, methods & tools.
- Own the financial forecast, measure the deviation/performances in line with approved figures. Approve OPEX to support new deals and opportunities
- Owns and maintains service delivery, sales and operations for customer or set of customers in region of MMEA
- Responsible for setting up, leadership and management of sales, programs and projects delivery in alignment with customer commitments and scope.
- Continuously strive for an efficient and optimized delivery through automation of processes, tools and Ericsson Wallet Capabilities.
- Provide financial and overall organizational performance reporting, CoE in charge of consolidation.
- Sets the goals for organization to deliver on contractual commitments and financial targets.
- Works closely with Head of Centre of Excellence MFS and Solution Area BTEB MFS to lead service delivery in alignment with customers commitments.
You will bring
- 10-15 years of experience in leadership positions within the telecom and/or ICT industry
- Experience in C-suite governance leadership and management
- Experience in complex financial/banking or IT systems Service Delivery. 7+ Years
- Result oriented with customer first attitude
- Ability to lead multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, empowering and creating synergies
- Can handle stressful and ambiguous situations
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work across a variety of different delivery unit types (complexity, maturity, scale)
- Developed analytical skills to identify trends, inefficiencies and value realization opportunities
- Very good understanding of Ericsson Business Process, Financial and Delivery models
- Strong business, operation and financial skills
- Good at handling resource planning and competence development
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: South Africa (ZA) || South Africa : Gauteng : Johannesburg
Req ID: 715447