- Johannesburg, Gauteng
Req ID:410495Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Gibela invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Human Resources Executive. The position reports to the CEO.
Department: Human Resources and Training
Vacancy: Human Resources Executive
Purpose of the Job
- Create Strategic goals for the Human Resources function that enhance / support the vision of the company.
- Provide leadership direction to HR Team to achieve company’s goals, Mission & Vision.
- Manage the HR function and ensure that it achieves the HR Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets.
Key responsibilities include the following:
HR strategy and operations:
- Define and implement the HR strategy to attain the objectives and goals of the Business.
- Deploy/implement the HR policies and internal rules in full compliance with compliance with local regulations and laws.
- Contribute to organisation design by taking a leading role in implementation and change management.
- Contribute to the production of workload charts to improve forecast accuracy of resource requirements and optimise resources across the locations.
- Determine the manpower resources requirements for Gibela inclusive of talent management and manpower planning.
- Manage the recruitment process directly in coordination with the operational managers, to fill all open vacancies in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the Gibela HR function and the delivery processes. Set goals, priorities, and tasks and targets based on business need, and monitor performance.
Administration of Human Resource:
- Provide direction / policy / guidelines on Industrial Relations items, including disciplinaries in the company.
- Manage the Compensation & Benefits Policy, Talent Management and Remuneration of the company.
- Manage the Human Resource Budget of Gibela.
- Deliver on time information on and manage HR KPI’s.
- Manage and ensure the Data quality in the people Information system.
- Manage Employee Relations in a positive and proactive manner to support the strategic business plan and achieve appropriate change.
- Conduct negotiations with the Unions regarding the Collective Labour Agreement and direct the application of Industrial and Employee Relations according to the Company policy.
People Management & Talent Development:
- Manage Performance Management of the Company.
- Manage Employee Development and Talent of the company.
- Provide direction of learning and development with particular on leadership development programmes, coaching & mentoring, competence development management, training activities.
- Design and oversee development plans for Key Talent.
- Develop effective retention and succession plans.
- HR Bachelor’s Degree plus Masters / or Similar postgraduate education.
- 15 years HR experience of which 10 years at Senior/Executive management level.
- Extensive expertise in Human Resources, and Employee and Industrial Relations.
- Design and development of HR Strategy and HR Business Plans.
- Change management expertise & ability to implement change.
- High level communication and engagement skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills.
- Experience dealing with employee representatives, Trade Unions at both local and regional level.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Business Understanding & Insight - has an intimate knowledge of the business/Customer and Stakeholder intimacy.
- HR Propositions - Is able to Integrate HR propositions to meet business needs, reduce dissonance and create alignment (whole greater than parts). -
- Recruitment & Resourcing – is fully proficient at manpower planning.
- Performance management - Is fully proficient at aligning business and individual objectives.
- Business Processes & organizational analysis - Is fully proficient at organizational analysis.
- This position reports to the CEO of Gibela.
- Approx. 20 direct + indirect people reporting to HR executive.
- Member of the Executive Committee of Gibela.
- Member of the Subcommittees of the Board
Closing Date: 17 February 2023
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Employee Relations, HR, Change Management, Performance Management, Human Resources, Management