Guest Services Agent
- Clanwilliam, South Africa
- Red Carnation Hotels
JOB SUMMARY :
We are looking for a socially focused team player with high attention to detail who can operate in a constantly changing environment under pressure to welcome guests and see to their needs throughout their stay.ORGANISATIONAL POSITIONING :
- Department : Guides
- Reporting to : Assistant Head Guide
- Location : Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve and Wellness Retreat MINIMUM EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATION :
- Valid driver’s license and PDP.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- DEAT registration in the Western Cape
- Preferable previous experience of two years as a Field Guide
- FGASA Level 1 qualifications as a Field Guide
- Knowledge about WC Fauna and Flora
- Preferable knowledge about Bushmans Paintings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English Skills required :
- Physically and mentally fit.
- A working knowledge of local fauna, flora, ecology, ethno-botany, archaeology, geology, night sky, climate and first aid.
- Basic ability to identify major tracks and signs.
- Ability to safely operate a canoe, re-curve bow & arrow, mountain bike, telescope, fly fishing equipment and 4x4 vehicle
- Basic 4x4 maintenance skills.
- A working knowledge of the fundamentals of photography
- A good knowledge of guiding in a luxury lodge environment.
- A thorough knowledge of all aspects of field guiding.
- Good knowledge of luxury travel market.
- Computer literate in MS Power Point, MS Excel and MS Word
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES :
- Conduct guided guest experience and activities on the reserve by interpreting the natural and cultural environment.
- The guided experience can be on foot, in canoe, vehicle or bicycle.
- All guiding activities should be conducted in such a manner as to cause the least amount of damage to the environment. I.
e. no off road driving, picking of plants, or removal of natural objects
- Complete or assist in guest lodge check-in and orientation. You are required, to park vehicles and take luggage to the rooms.
- You are also required to do wake-up calls and oversee the organisation of all guest activities.
- You are expected to lock up’ the lodge at least one evening a week and assume full responsibility for this task. You will also transport staff to the staff village as and when required.
- You are responsible for packing your cooler-box with drinks and checking the hotbox’ in the morning, ensuring you have everything required.
- Facilitate as the communicator between the guest and the appropriate lodge departments including, Maintenance, Gardens, Administration, Spa, Rangers, Heritage Center & Marketing.
- Operate, maintain and clean your 4x4 company vehicle
- Assume full responsibility for your company vehicle and any other company issued equipment and will be held accountable for any loss or damage.
- Design and implement projects including conservation, social responsibility, marketing & promotion, guest activity and new product development.
- Compilation of guest itineraries & programs
- Assist with reserve management tasks, including game capture, monitoring programs, maintenance, veld management and problem animal control.
- You are responsible for personnel administration & timekeeping., assisting when necessary with stock and inventory management and reporting
- Operate within the legal and statutory requirements of South Africa. Be aware of the legal requirements (i.e. THETA and DEAT Registration, PDP license, 1st aid certificate), environmental acts and ordinances of this particular province.
- Maintain the relationship between field guide and landowner by respecting and protecting their property, whilst operating strictly within the legal guidelines and regulations pertaining to Bushmans Kloof at all times.
- Responsible for the safety, comfort and enjoyment of your guests. You must accept full responsibility for conduct of self as well as conduct of persons in your care.
- The highest possible standard of safety measures should be maintained at all times.
The following package is offered : Market related salary Free self-catering shared on site accommodation 50% Discovery Medical Aid or Medical Consultation Provident Fund 7.5% Laundry and Wifi