- New Media Internal Communications Division is looking for a talented digital graphic designer to join our team and expand our in-house offering to clients. The successful candidate will work on the cutting edge of internal communications and employee engagement, servicing our blue chip client base (Nestlé, Coca-Cola, AB InBev, FNB, Roche Diagnostics, AfroCentric, MultiChoice, Woolworths).
- New Media’s tight-knit internal communications team works flexibly with a great deal of autonomy: you would work closely with the various brands’ art directors and editors and report to the Group Art Director and Content Head.
- The role requires a mostly digital approach and applicants should be switched on to audio-visual storytelling trends and clean, artful design. The work you will be required to help with includes:
- Campaign work: conceptualizing creative look-and-feel within brand CI. Rolling out collateral eg mailers, digital screens, posters, banners, and Workplace/Yammer posts, including motion graphics/kinetic text/animation/video work.
- Social and digital content: including social posts, stories, reels, and social ads (static, animated/motion graphs, and video editing), digital screen content (static and motion).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Curiosity, creativity, and an eye for design aesthetic
- Knowledge and research of design trends
- Experience, understanding of, and familiarity with current pop culture trends, from memes to the latest TikTok dance craze and ChatGPT debate
- Ability to accommodate clients with varying design guidelines and styles
- Responsible time management and autonomy as New Media is a flexible, work-from-anywhere environment
- Diligence and professionalism – can be trusted to work remotely and manage own time and deadlines
- Experience working in a close-knit team
- A deadline-driven mindset
- Respectful, kind, and courteous, as all our team members are expected to be, with the confidence to add your voice during meetings with colleagues and clients.