General Worker Jobs at H Systems
- South Africa
- H Systems
The core purpose of the role is to assume responsibility for keeping the buildings in a clean, hygienic, and orderly condition, and assisting with administrative tasks as required.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• SHEQ Integrated Management System control
• Business Continuity
• Perform cleaning duties on a regular basis, as per cleaning schedule.
• Sweeping and washing floors daily.
• Vacuum carpeted areas on a weekly basis.
• Cleaning and stocking canteen and kitchen areas on a regular basis, to ensure a hygienic and clean area.
• Washing dishes daily.
• Ensure all appliances in the canteen and kitchen areas are always kept clean and hygienic (fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and other)
• Cleaning and stocking restrooms daily.
• Washing walls, glass, and doorways on a weekly basis.
• Cleaning of desk spaces daily.
• Removing rubbish from all work areas daily.
• Clean and dust furniture, ledges, light fixtures, and other hard to reach places on a regular basis.
• Ensure the front office area is always clean and tidy.
• Inform the Branch Manager of anything that is broken or not functioning correctly so that the issue is resolved promptly.
• Ensure that the cleaning equipment are kept in a safe working condition.
• Ensure all work areas are kept neat, tidy, and hygienic always.
• Maintain a record of all office supplies and ensure stock requirements are communicated to the admin department for re-ordering.
• Keep inventory of stock.
• Cleaning supplies.
• Complete general administration duties as required by the needs of the branch.
• Archiving of historic documents.
• Accurate and prompt completion of all relevant cleaning checklists upon completion of the work area.
• Data capturing.
• Arrange refreshments for guests, meetings etc.
• Make coffee/tea for personnel as is required.
SHEQ Integrated Management System control
• Ensure adherence to the OHS Act.
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves of other persons.
• Co-operate with the employer to enable prescribed duties or requirements to be complied with.
• Carry out any lawful order given and obey the health and safety rules and procedures.
• Report any unsafe or unhealthy situation to the employer.
• Report any incident to the employer.
• Comply with health and safety plans.
• Ensure all the work areas maintains and complies with standards of health and safety, and hygiene always.
• Always maintain a high level of customer service levels standards.
• Responsible to comply with the SHEQ Integrated Management System (SHEQ-IMS) and the maintenance thereof.
• Identify cost saving opportunities and implement cost reduction principles and procedures.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• 1 years’ experience in a similar position.
SKILL REQUIREMENT AND KNOWLEDGE
• Familiarity to operate cleaning equipment, such as vacuum cleaners etc.
• A thorough practical knowledge of best practices in housekeeping processes.
• Awareness and understanding of the ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001, ISO 14001 Requirements relevant to the processes under control.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
• Must be able to perform 8 hours of physical work daily.