General Logistics Coordinator
- Midrand, Gauteng
Candidate Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor customer load board and information flow.
- Monitor and maintain team mailbox
- Learn and execute multiple job functions within the assigned team.
- Perform multitasking.
- Facilitate customer calls and updates and identify when an outgoing call is needed to offer proactive answers.
- Attend to client queries.
- Process all Port documentation.
- Ensure that you are updated on Port stack dates and times.
- Ensure that all loads are offloaded.
- Obtain necessary documentation from subcontractors where applicable.
- Act as a resource and support for peers when required.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to team requirements.
- You will be required to work weekly shifts which will fall outside normal working hours.
- You will report directly to the Logistics Manager in terms of all work - including days off, vacation requests
- Participate in departmental meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Min 3 years relevant experience.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and late hours.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to think critically, analyze data and solve problems quickly and accurately.
- Excellent customer service skills.