GM: Internal Communications & Employee Engagement
- Pretoria, Gauteng
Job DescriptionWhat will you do?
Our culture is an important factor in MiWay’s success. Central to this culture are our values: Freedom, Accountability, Energy, Professionalism and Attitude. They provide us with guidance for our daily work and in line with our purpose to enable clients to “live your way”.
We are looking for a creative, imaginative, first-class communicator, who can carve the path for the future of internal communications and engagement at MiWay.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the development and execution of all internal communications and employee engagement programs to build a strong internal understanding of the MiWay mission, purpose, values, brand promise and employee programs. This position will actively drive communication and engagement efforts for 1700+ employees MiWay.
The incumbent will
- Develop and implement company-wide internal communication and employee engagement strategies and plans that engage, align and inspire employees with MiWay vision and business strategy and drive employees’ understanding and knowledge sharing around key priorities and initiatives.
- Distil complex projects or concepts into simple, relatable communications to keep colleagues (at all levels) abreast of company activity and ongoing business changes
- Ensures consistency and alignment of internal communication activities across all functions and departments to ensure we speak with a common voice
- Ensure that staff across all offices are actively engaged and feel included
- Serve as a key business partner providing counsel and writing support to key internal stakeholders as needed, and develop messaging and internal communications plan for company updates, key initiatives, and other topics.
- Entrench MiWay’s employee engagement program, including identifying and implementing communications opportunities to connect leadership with employees, and developing key messages and communications materials.
- Work closely with HR to represent the voice of the employee to leadership and also reflect employee voice in messaging
- Plan, create and oversee implementation of engaging content for the internal communications channels (SPO, email, newsletters, face-to-face workshops, etc) and regularly evaluate the efficiency of the channels used, making continuous improvements
- Manage the planning and implementation of both virtual and in-person staff events, roadshows, connection sessions, workshops, etc.
- Build feedback mechanism into internal communications strategy to facilitate staff feedback and use this to further evolve strategy.
- In order to accomplish this, the individual must thoroughly understand the MiWay business and be able to prepare communication materials for a variety of internal audiences.
- Manage third-party suppliers, including agencies, designers, and associated budgets to ensure strategic and cost-effective use of services
- Marketing / Communication / PR / Journalism degree or equivalent
- Proven track record (+10 years of experience) of developing corporate communications or marketing activities.
- Solid experience in creating and executing internal communications campaigns and events
- Proven experience in managing and coordinating projects across functions
- Ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of channels.
- Ability to multitask leading different projects and work under pressure, with changing priorities, tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic.
- A team player who can lead by example with high accountability.
- Creative and imaginative with a sharp eye for detail, including top notch writing skills with flawless grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Superior collaboration and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management. Knowledge and Skills Client requirements Planning and implementation of marketing startegy Market research Reporting and Administration Project and quality management Personal Attributes Organisational savvy - Contributing through others Decision quality - Contributing through others Plans and aligns - Contributing through others Optimises work processes - Contributing through others Core Competencies Cultivates innovation - Contributing through others Customer focus - Contributing through others Drives results - Contributing through others Collaborates - Contributing through others Being resilient - Contributing through others Turnaround time
Deadline to Apply: 15 February 2023 Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development. Our commitment to transformation
MiWay is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. MiWay’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.