GENERAL TECHNICIAN : MUSTEK
- Midrand : Gauteng
Job DescriptionJob Description
- The Technician is responsible for the servicing, testing and repairing of computer equipment. This could include PCs, Tablets, Notebooks, PSUs, UPSs, monitors, printers, cash registers and/or other related equipment and components depending on the requirements of the position. The technician also provides technical support to customers relevant to the specific area/discipline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete optimum number of repairs per day according to the specific discipline. Keep to a minimum of 4 per day.
- Complete work within the turnaround time of less than two days.
- Maintain work rate at above 90% of SLA.
- Maintaining a rework rate of below 3%.
- Follow the correct test process for international brands.
- Log test results on the job management system.
- Accept repairs on job management system immediately after removing the item from the customer store.
- Follow up with clients awaiting feedback and update the notes on job management system. Update the client on the job progress.
- Return 100% of test stock to service stores within 2 days from receipt.
- Complete applicable forms, such as fault reports, daily.
- Assist the production line with assembly and quality checking (QC) as needed.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly and professional manner as representative of Mustek.
- Maintain a professional image with the necessary attention to being clean and neatly dressed.
- 2 years’ experience as a technician
- Driver’s license (Preferred)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of internal quality procedures
- Knowledge of ICT industry
- Product offering software and hardware technical knowledge
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft applications skills
- Technical skills
- Problem solving skills (analytical)
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)