Frontshop Lead - Burgersfort
- Burgersfort, Limpopo
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies Limited
Job DescriptionDis-Chem Pharmacies' requires the committed services of customer-oriented Frontshop Lead for their Store in Burgersfort to supervise the day to day operations of the store Frontshop. This includes driving store targets to increase store profitability and supervision of inventory, customer service, merchandising, point of sale standards.
- Grade 12 – Matric or Senior Certificate and/or relevant Qualification
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years Retail/FMCG – experience in all retail functions – Receiving, Cash Office or Sales Floor
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook), numerical skills. SAP.
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Diploma in Retail Business Management or relevant
- Supervisory experience
- Escalate serious and unresolved customer complaint to the manager
- Assist with the budget preparation and maintenance within the store.
- Ensure all expense related items are controlled and managed within budget.
- Ensure expense related stock is adjusted to the correct GL accounts on a monthly basis.
- Supervise ordering and monitoring of expense related items within the store.
- Ensure that all store targets are achieved.
- Store Inventory Monitoring:
- Investigate negative GP values in the business unit and take appropriate actions to identify and rectify controllable errors.
- Minimise, investigate, correct and report on business unit negative stock on hand.
- Manage goods in transit as directed by standard operating procedures.
- Investigate and verify manual purchases processed against the business unit.
- Minimise, investigate and report on business unit dormant stock.
- Analyse dormant stock reports for Heads of department to investigate and rectify.
- Perform the total management including but limited to planning, implementation, investigation and reporting on all store inventory counts.
- Ensure the physical stock in all storage locations balances with the inventory ledger in SAP.
- Manage store shrinkage and consumable expense within store targets.
- Prepare, coordinate, and manage stock takes on a Bi-annual basis in collaboration with management.
- Ensure that all orders take place daily, timeously, and maintain correct stock levels.
- Supervise stock flow to floor and eliminate any damages, theft etc.
- Manage of stock shrinkage, escalate, and report any concerns to management timeously.
- Supervise the receiving function including the management of direct and indirect credit functions.
- Ensure transaction integrity for incoming goods receipts and outgoing returns throughout the store.
- Ensure adherence to company internal control procedures by monitoring, implementing, and evaluating processes continuously.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of store transactions.
- Ensure that all Merchandisers adhere to Dis-Chem Merchandising standards.
- Ensure that promotional stock and displays are planned, implemented and maintained.
- Adhere to all labelling, pricing and layout standards and ensure that merchandisers adhere to these standards.
- Regulate customer compliments and complaints in line with standard operating procedures.
- Ensure customer requests and complaints are addressed and followed up timeously
- Engage with and provide customers with feedback regarding queries and complaints.
- Collate and disseminate information and reports between store and management in a manner that encourages delivery of business targets.
- Facilitate and assist in any internal or external audits conducted in store.
- Assist the Responsible Pharmacist with any duties in the trading routine and optimising the operations of the store.
- Drive in-store continuous improvement targets and act as a key change driver for new and ongoing initiatives.
- Adhere to relevant procedures detailed in the code of practice foodstuff and complementary medicine file.
- Supervise day to day administration of employees including but not limited to leave, hours of work and scheduling.
- Set day to day objectives for the team and tracking progress.
- Supervise an accountable, full service team who understand and strive to meet the needs of all customers.
- Motivate optimal performance of team, ensuring all quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives are met.
- Train employees in order to know how to use all equipment in the correct manner and adheres to the appropriate use of the equipment.
- Facilitate human resource processes, submissions and documentation for the store.
- Housekeeping must be in accordance to Dis-Chem standards.
- Adhere to Dis-Chem Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Adhere to the Dis-Chem uniform and personal appearance policy
- Knowledge - Retail operations and administration
- Cognitive Skills - Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Business Acumen - Formulates plans that are consistent with overall organization's strategic plans.
- Communication Skills - Communicating in a confident and forceful manner in order to achieve the required goal without being aggressive.
- Interpersonal Skills - Develops innovative customer service initiative which significantly improves quality and enhances customer satisfaction.
- Quality Orientation - Demonstrates an underlying drive to ensure that quality is not compromised. Corrects mistakes and takes action to ensure they do not re-occur.
- Self-Management Skills - Adjust to existing rules, procedures and policy. Finding reinforcement from the right authority when in doubt.
- Management - Manages staff in ways that improve their ability to succeed on the job.
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport
- South African citizen
- Clear credit and criminal records
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.