Front of House Manager
- Somerset West, Western Cape
- Somerset West, Western Cape
Faircape Restaurant and Catering, part of Faircape Life retirement villages, is located in 6 prime locations across the Western Cape providing meals to village residents and patients in the onsite healthcare centres.
We are looking for a Front of House Manager to based in (Somerset West at Heritage Manor)
The purpose of the Food Service Manager is to ensure a quality meal and refreshment service (including the bar) is provided to all residents. The job incumbent will take full responsibility for the daily running of the Restaurant, Bar, and Coffee Shop.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct weekly and monthly stock counts.
- Ordering of stock (to be signed off by Village Manager) – liaise with Admin Officer and execute follow up and delivery.
- Daily receipt and updating of stock counts.
Meal and Refreshment Service:
- Manage the full meal and refreshment service with assistance from waiters in both the clubhouse and healthcare.
- All meal bookings
- Placements of residents in clubhouse
- Ad hoc drinks service (i.e cocktails on special occasions).
- Provide a full wine service during lunches.
- Manage the afternoon tea and cake service in the dining room.
- Work as barman at the bar in dining room on allocated evenings
- Daily, weekly and monthly stock takes (with Ops Manager) on refreshments and glassware
- Daily cash up
Set Up for Meal Time and Service:
- Check on setting of tables, cleanliness of cutlery, crockery and glassware on all tables. Report anomalies to Village Manager and Hospitality & Training Manager
- Ensure all tables has bowl of ice as requested
- Meet and greet residents.
- Take complaints and compliments and pass on to the Food Service Manager
- Coordinate and manage the service from Waiters at the coffee shop
- Manage stock in the coffee shop
- Billing of all orders in coffee shop
- Daily cash ups according to procedure
- Assist the Village Manager with the set up for events in the dining room (i.e themed and special lunches).
- Meet and greet residents attending the function.
- Assist with the cleaning after the function and ensure the decor is safely
- Open umbrellas on the patio when the weather is good, and fold down at the end of the day.
- Assist with the preparation and clearing away for events in the activity centre.
- Ensure that all games equipment is accounted for and stored correctly.
- Do daily checks on all equipment and lights in the clubhouse area and report inconsistencies to the Village Manager or Maintenance Manager.
- Switch on TV and play music during meal times
- Switch lights on in the morning
- Switch on air condition and ensure it is set at the right temperature
- Report any housekeeping anomalies to the Estate/Maintenance Manager
Staff Management (waiters - clubhouse and healthcare):
- Shifts and rostering of all Waiters
- Arrange for replacement of waiters
- Signing off on all Waiter hours every month (clockings)
- Handling of customer complaints as reported by the Waiters
- Senior certificate and tertiary qualification in hospitality advantageous
Skills and attributes:
- Proven experience in the hospitality industry and/or similar environment
- Knowledge of serving etiquette and basic wine knowledge
- Basic admin knowledge
- Proven organisational and admin skills
- Excellent communication skills, computer literate, customer service orientation, responsible, accountable and dedicated
- Previous leadership position advantageous
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
- Vaccinated against covid-19 or prepared to be vaccinated prior to commencing work
The incumbent will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month, according to the roster. Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays from 07h00 - 19h00.
In addition to a lovely working environment, the salary we offer is R13,500 - R17,000 Cost to Company. The amount offered will be dependent on qualifications, experience, and other market-related factors.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful._
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: R180,000.00 per year