Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Here at the Mount Nelson, we offer incredible brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner experiences. Our Food and Beverage Department ensures seamless service, orchestrated by the attentive, knowledgeable and approachable staff, setting the stage for an unforgettable dining experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a driven and passionate team focused on providing an incomparable experience.
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Supervisor to join the Food & Beverage team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide an excellent dining experience by ensuring the effective managing of staff, ensuring efficiency in the day to day running of the outlet and overseeing the guest satisfaction.
- Ensure the highest standards of service excellence and quality in the food and beverage department.
- Assist with facilitating the learning and development for all team members of the department.
- Assist in the managing of F&B departments as required, ensuring the smooth running of the events of F&B outlet / s, taking full advantage to maximize revenue potential and ensure guest satisfaction, in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
- Implement systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for certain reporting deadlines.
- Monitoring and controlling of various operating equipment, standards and inventories.
- Monitoring and controlling food and beverage stock.
- Assist & maintain an efficient administration system within the department.
- Assist with restaurant reservations as and when required.
- Assist in all F&B outlets as and when required.
- Supervise efficient upkeep of cleanliness of operating equipment.
- Communicate with guests on a regular basis throughout service, with other employees, and / or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, acknowledge all guests and resolve complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for overseeing food preparations and the timely delivery of food and drink orders.
- Overseeing inventory, including food and beverages, supplies and other outlet equipment.
- Oversee all front and back of the house outlet operations and act as the contact point between front of the house and back of the bouse staff.
- Ensure that front of house and back of house areas (including preparation, service areas and stores) are kept clean and items are correctly stored.
- Manage the service staff by ensuring the smooth running of the floor and that duties are carried out in a professional and timeous manner.
- Assist with ensuring the efficient scheduling and use of staff to ensure excellent service and payroll efficiency.
- Mange, control and update the On-Track system on a daily basis.
- Assist with stock counts as and when required.
- Operate POS (point of sale) and maintain security of the system.
- Diploma / Degree from a reputable hotel school -advantageous.
- Must have 2 years F&B supervisory management experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Knowledge of silverware advantageous.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of food cost.
- Good food and beverage product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of general restaurant operations and food and beverage service.
- A strong grasp of operational systems and computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Competitive basic salary
- Medical aid & pension fund benefit
- Internal Belmond discounts
- Loyalty and recognition rewards programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On going Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular community, social and staff welfare events