Financial Manager - VKB Fuels (Pty) Ltd, Head Office Reitz
- Reitz, Free State
- VKB Agriculture
VKB Agriculture (Pty) Ltd is a dynamic agricultural company in the Free State and Limpopo. This organization, which strives towards healthy and modern business practices offers employees the opportunity to utilize and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. The company offers individuals the opportunity to establish themselves within a rural environment with its inherent characteristics.
VKB Fuels (Pty) Ltd first fuel station was opened in Reitz in 2016 and another 5 fuel stations followed shortly after. The extension of VKB’s fuel offering is a focus point of the business. Apart from upgrading existing facilities, the company also delivers fuel to producers’ farms. By the optimal management of this supply chain, VKB will be able to execute its strategy of support to producers for them to farm even more effectively and profitably.
The Financial Manager will be responsible for the full financial management function of VKB Fuels (Pty) Ltd.
- *Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the financial accounting team.
- Actively participate in Board meetings, to present and lead major financial projects and report on the results of operations.
- Collect, interpret and review financial information to advise and guide the organization.
- Manage the department’s cash flow on a weekly basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports which will be presented at management and Board meetings.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting, budgets and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Constantly adding value to the current functions of the position.
- Overall financial risk management within the company.
- Management of credit risk within the company.
- Submission of all relevant tax and statutory returns of the company.
- Evaluate investments / projects.
- Approval of material transactions.
- Design and implement uniform controls and procedures.
- Design and implement systems.
- Negotiation of terms and conditions with suppliers and customers.
- Create an environment within the company that aids in the successful implementation of POPIA.
Required Skills & Qualification
- Relevant BCom/ BAcc Degree in Accounting
- Completed articles is essential (SAICA/ SAIPA)
- Registered CA(SA) would be beneficial.
- Three years’ + experience in a fast-moving agricultural and financial environment.
- Expertise in the fuel industry would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Well-tempered with good knowledge of relevant legislation and compliance frameworks.
- Ability to handle conflict and be assertive.
- Strong communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous.
- Ability to function independently within team context and to accept responsibility.
- Proficient in CaseWare Working papers with the ability to work on an advanced level.
- Proficient in the MS Office package with the ability to work with Excel on an advanced level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision/Business Central will serve as recommendation.
- Ability to function independently within team context and to accept responsibility
- Strong analytical, numeracy and interpersonal skills
- Conflict handling & Assertive
- Be able to work under pressure
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px
Job Type: Permanent