Field Worker / Mobilisers
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- THINK TUBERCULOSIS & HIV INVESTIGATIVE NETWORK NPC
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Field Worker to support the implementation of the THINK ADAPT project in eThekwini.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Capacity building through attending COVID-19 vaccination programs or related topic
- Successfully mobilize no less than 1500 clients per month who take up the COVID-19 vaccination
- Conduct door-to-door mobilisation and outreach activities as per the schedule of events
- Facilitate workshops, dialogues, small groups and one on one sessions about COVID-19 vaccination with the aim of recruiting clients for vaccination
- Create awareness of COVID-19 and the vaccine to help clients to make an informed decision about getting the vaccine
- Follow up on clients or leads
- Address patient's questions and offer information on misconceptions
- Distribute pamphlets and posters and arrange health workshops with community organizations
- Collect patient data as required
- Serves as the community mobilizer for COVID-19 vaccination and shall be responsible for facilitating activities in the communities
- Grade 12 - Matric Certificate
- Community Development Qualification will be an advantage
- Certificate in COVID-19 Vaccination
- Minimum of 1Year experience in social mobilization
- Experience with COVID- 19 vaccination program will be an advantage
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.