Farmer Support Officer
- Delmas, Mpumalanga
- Delmas, Mpumalanga
Buhle Farmers' Academy (Buhle) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to train new and aspiring farmers from across South Africa to manage farming businesses
that are both profitable and sustainable and to help alleviate poverty by creating jobs in our own agricultural sector. Over the years, Buhle has developed a number of best practices, that impact the transformation of the agricultural sector for Sub-Saharan African.
Buhle Famers’ Academy seeks a Farmer Support Officer to join our team. This dynamic, knowledgeable and inspiring person will be responsible for supporting and advising farmers to manage viable farming businesses.
· Support farmers and alumni of the Academy.
· Grow smallholder farms through effective Financial and Business management of farms.
· Continuously up skill farmers towards improved business decision making to increase agricultural production.
· Maintain a register of all farmers and projects supported by the Academy; monitor and report on the progress of these projects.
· Be technology adept to demonstrate the use of applications and platforms to develop a farmer.
· Represent and promote Buhle’s mission and liaise with a range of partners, organizations and institutions relating to agricultural projects and Buhle’s training programmes.
· Research farmer’s needs and propose possible solutions.
· Establish and retain good relations with all alumni farmers supported by the academy as well as stakeholders of the Academy in order to encourage good standings between BFA and all role players.
· Initiate new projects and recruit individuals for Buhle’s farmer support and training programmes.
· Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge and expertise on industry norms and trends.
· Perform administrative duties and all duties necessitated by the position.
· Travel regularly to farms and projects across the country – 75% travel.
· A diploma or degree in agriculture
· Financial or Business Management additional qualification
· 2 years’ experience in training *and* agricultural advisory roles
· AgriSETA Accredited Assessor and Moderator.
· High proficiency in MS Suite in particular Excel.
· A valid driver’s license
· Businesses management skills – financial management & business reporting
· Planning and organisational skills
* Report writing skills (high level Excel proficiency is mandatory)
· Exceptional people skills
· Pro-active and motivated
· Good communication skills
· Able to manage projects from inception to completion
· Be orderly and trustworthy
· Be multi-lingual
Job Type: Temp to perm
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: Up to R15,000.00 per month
- The candidate will be working with funded projects, how would you describe you report writing skills? And you Excel skills?
- Diploma (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Required)
Application Deadline: 2023/01/31