Events & Campaigns Coordinator
- Cape Town, WC, South Africa
- Recruitment and Consulting Specialists Pty Ltd
- To assist in conceptualising the events and campaigns calendar and ensure that it falls within the marketing strategy objectives.
- To assist the Event Manager with negotiating joint ventures, partnerships and sponsorships to further maximise the event budget.
- To ensure that customer data is collected at every possible event and to ensure this data is loaded onto the website database for future communication opportunities
- To ensure all technical aspects of events and campaigns run smoothly and to ensure that all safety procedures as dictated by the Occupational Health & Safety Act are complied with during all events and by all external event organizers.
- To ensure technical meetings and briefings are done timeously for all events and promotions.
- To assist with implementation of the event / campaign, to oversee set up process and day to day operation as instructed.
- To coordinate event launches and assist with press launches etc.
External Comms & Media Liaison
- To assist with the implementation of the centres PR strategy to ensure ongoing publicity for the centre events, campaigns and promotions.
- To coordinate all event and campaign related PR.
- To assist with establishing media contacts and develop and maintain relationships with key media.
- To ensure ongoing publicity for centres, events, campaigns and promotions.
- To invite media and host media attending events, promotions and newsworthy retail activities.
- To keep an updated list of all relevant media.
- Post-event PR.
- Community Management : To assist with answering customer complaints / queries across all platforms as required after hours as well .
- To assist the Event Manager with all reporting as may be required.
- Creation of Powerpoint presentations as required.
- To ensure all supplier quotes are received timeously, orders raised and to track invoices to ensure timeous payments by the account department.
- To ensure that the full event and promotion calendar information is kept up-to-date on the website.
- To ensure event files are kept for all events and campaigns that take place.
- To monitor chase list and ensure event ads are place timeously by production department.
- To ensure monthly payroll documents are submitted timeously.
- To facilitate communication between the office and crew.
- To coordinate the weekly crew work schedule at weekly meetings.
- To assist with managing the crew members and ensuring they understand their responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
- To coordinate crew overtime and ensure Head Office is notified for payroll purposes.
- To manage any part-time resources as required.
Store Room Management
- To maintain all marketing store rooms and to ensure they are kept clean and neat.
- To update the stock lists for each store room and keep them up to date.
- To oversee systems with regards to control of marketing collateral.
Kids Club & Express
- To co-ordinate all aspects related to Kids Club Event plan. This includes movie screenings, registration drives, database control, monthly newsletters, birthday gifts etc.
- To co-ordinate the operation of the Express staff, ticket control and cash-ups.
- To communicate with maintenance department regarding the servicing and maintenance of the train.
- To liaise with tenants and regional head offices on an ongoing basis to gather information about their marketing activities, encourage participation with all events & campaigns and facilitate possible co-events.
- To assist Event Manager with communication of all events to other departments and tenants as required.
- To coordinate the production role including but not limited to, briefing in design, sourcing competitive supplier quotes, liaising with service providers, organising artwork requirements, deliveries and collections and installations together with the design team.
- To coordinate and traffic manage the timeous production requirements for all events and campaigns.
- Creative support on all in-house production including signage, making copies, laminating, certificate printing, stage branding etc. as required.
- To ensure event information is included on all social media, tenant communications and all newsletters as necessary and to assist in sourcing pictures and content as required.
- To assist and provide support to ensure implementation of all marketing strategy objectives.
- To be available for overtime work as and when required including weekends if required.
Marketing / event / PR diploma or degree
- 2 years experience in event marketing (preferably in shopping centre or retail marketing)
- Proficient on all MS Office platforms
- Website and email CRM system knowledge advantageous