Enorlled Nurse- Grade 1
- eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal
- THINK TUBERCULOSIS & HIV INVESTIGATIVE NETWORK NPC
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified Enrolled Nurses to support the implementation of the THINK ADAPT project in eThekwini South District.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide support to the Professional nurses
- Alignment of Project objectives with THINK Strategic intent
- Ensure the successful implementation of vaccination drive and increase in vaccine uptake
- Provide input for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Assess the client’s readiness for vaccination
- Obtain consent for vaccination
- Monitor patients in post-vaccination recovery
- Maintain COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Protocol.
- Ensure that vaccines are stored under specified temperatures.
- Assist with monitoring and recording of refrigerator temperatures.
- Ensure cold chain equipment e.g., cold boxes are in good working order before setting up a vaccination station.
- Work with Field Officers, facility nurses, and Community Health Workers to mobilise clients within the facility and community for COVID-19 vaccination
- Ensure timely, accurate and quality collection of data
- Keep track of and achieve ADAPT project targets
- Support field data collection exercises whenever necessary.
- Prepare, compile and sort filled forms for data entry.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents and update data whenever necessary
- Record, monitor and report Adverse Events
- Maintain a record of activities/ tasks undertaken.
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and security policies e.g., POPIA
- Continuous engagement with DOH facility and outreach team
- Continued internal engagements with District Coordinator and supporting staff
- Participate in internal and external meetings when necessary
- Capacity building through attending Covid 19 vaccination programs or related topic
- Grade 12 - Matric Certificate
- Certificate in Enrolled Nurse Certificate
- Registration with SANC
- Certificate in Covid Vaccination
- Experience with Covid 19 vaccination programme
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.