Engagement Principal :GSS
- Rosebank, Western Cape
- De Beers Group of Companies
-Global Shared Services (GSS) is a critical asset for Anglo American and De Beers enabling the delivery of functional service work for Finance & People Services to all Business Unit and Group Functions.
The vision for Global Shared Services (GSS) is to be an exceptional Shared Services organisation, with inspired people, delivering flawless processes, enabled by great technology.
There are three key strategic pillars that GSS is currently aligned to and delivering towards, namely, customers, colleagues and communities.
Proactive and meaningful stakeholder engagement, which includes employees, communication and effective change management are key success factors in the GSS journey.
-The purpose of this role is to lead, develop and implement effective stakeholder engagement and change management initiatives at a strategic level for GSS. To effectively engage all GSS employees about the company and to manage and monitor delivery of robust, consistent, effective, innovative communications and change management initiatives timeously.
This role requires close integration of information from Group Employee Engagement together with GSS to support the Global Shared Service objectives and delivery of the strategy.
Performance & Delivery
- Be accountable for Global Shared Services change management methodology and ensure alignment with Anglo American Change Management Framework, tools, and templates and ensuring it is fit-for-purpose for strategic business change projects.
- Oversee change management and communication for strategic global/functional projects, GSS internal transformational projects and GSS operational projects.
- Oversee the Global Shared Services change management schedule for local and global initiatives to identify interdependencies, to support change readiness and minimise the impact of change fatigue.
- Use measurement mechanisms to test the effectiveness of the Change initiatives implemented and create remediating action plans.
- Develop and implement all programmes for the Internal Communication function to ensure GSS strategies, priorities and programmes are effectively communicated to key stakeholders and employees.
- Manage and monitor delivery of robust, consistent, effective, and innovative communications.
- Optimise the use of local and Group communication channels (such as Eureka!) to ensure access to information and knowledge sharing
- Ensure that an effective channel mix is utilised and delivered through the appropriate channels for employees and that those messages are being received.
- Review and approve communication content that affect all GSS employees ensuring alignment with the broader corporate narrative and activities.
- Develop communications for GSS clients informing them of critical business events such as public holidays, delays in service delivery, calendars and business legislation changes. E.g., Payroll calendars, Tax legislation changes, Annual events, organisational Structure changes and key contact changes.
- Engagement with Heads of Global Shared Services and People Services on communication approvals.
- Management of a robust GSS integrated internal communication calendar.
- Management of GSS client communications channels such as Eureka landing pages for clients.
- Oversee the planning, content creation, and delivery of regular engagements to GSS employees across regions such as APAC, LATAM and EMEA.
- Provide advice and support to key stakeholders to ensure GSS Engagement strategy is aligned to, e.g., GSS Leadership team and Service line leads, on their internal communication plans and activities, ensuring suitability, consistency and alignment with Group-wide priorities, messages and timing.
- Play a key role in the development and delivery of GSS Leadership Team strategy sessions and engagement sessions to ensure an engaged and aligned Leadership Team.
- Manage medium and large-scale employee events for GSS across regions.
- Oversee the measurement strategies and plans to include GSS employee surveys, online tracking and other listening techniques to develop a holistic view of employees’ beliefs, attitudes and preferences.
- Oversee the global employee engagement survey and support the implementation and embedding of the employee engagement survey Group and GSS action plan.
- Oversee the delivery of programmes, jointly with Group HR, to build internal understanding of the employer brand and desired employee experience and find and share stories of the brand in action linked to the Employee Value Proposition.
- Oversee the execution of the appropriate change management and employee engagement programmes to the support the continuous embedding and maintenance of a high performing GSS culture through the mobilized Change Agent Network.
- Ensure that employees are informed timeously, and in an open and transparent manner, of GSS developments - whether global or regional and onsite i.e. APAC, LATAM and EMEA time zones are considered, walk-in centres are included
- Ensure alignment and integration with the Beyond Finance and HR Excellence Transformations through matrix reporting structures
People & Teams
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with the Group’s values, standards and a professional workplace.
- Provide leadership to, and develop the performance of, your team in line with the Group’s policies and systems (e.g. performance management, talent management) in order to achieve business goals.
- Lead and manage the Change Management Coordination and Integration Specialist and regional Change Management and Employee Engagement Specialists.
- Ensure the regional Change Management and Employee Engagement Specialists are enabled and equipped to deliver GSS strategies, priorities and projects are effectively communicated to employees.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with your leader, peers and relevant others (including from other teams) to achieve business goals
- Monitor the activities of your team which involve other teams and appropriately intervene to address any cross-team issues
- Contribute to the broader business by working with others in such a way that it optimises the overall business results, rather than just your team’s
- Foster knowledge sharing, teamwork and collaboration – build alignment between Group Corporate Employee Engagement and GSS teams to ensure continuous improvement.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with health, safety and environmental standards and with the Anglo American’s values
- Set the health, safety and environmental expectations for your team and monitor behaviour so that it meets the required standards
- Participate in relevant safety audits, inspections and observations, and address issues as part of demonstrating safety leadership
- Comply with the Anglo American Code of Conduct and existing Anglo American polices, processes and procedures
- Develop and, once approved, monitor, and manage the budget for your area
- Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these, or raise them with your manager as appropriate
- Identify gaps in policy & system design, implementation or execution that are negatively impacting on your team or their performance and initiate action to address these issues, considering the impact on suppliers and customers. For policies & systems within your authority, make the required changes. For others, escalate these issues to seek action and / or look for alternative solutions
- Contribute to the development of the budget.
- Monitor costs against budget and either address, or advise your manager of, any significant variances.
- Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these, or raise them with your manager, as appropriate.
-Certification/qualification in Change Management e.g. Prosci – essential
- Degree in Organisational Behavior/Psychology – desirable
- The mining industry – desirable
- Significant experience in a relevant subject area including change management, communication, PR, marketing etc
- Strong project management experience
- Managing internal and change management and communication in a large, multinational organization across cultures and geographies
- Delivering the implementation and embedding of a project ensuring adoption and sustainability
- Driving consistent communication messages either at Group level or within business units, ensuring alignment and approvals are in place.
- Use of the Group’s narrative and approved corporate messages
- Use of the Group Corporate Communication Channels and guidelines
- Fluent written and spoken English is a pre-requisite
- Willingness to travel (APAC, EMEA and LATAM regions)
- Willingness to adapt to a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to adjust working hours to suit global time zones e.g., (APAC, EMEA and LATAM regions)
-What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
- Subsidised breakfast & lunch, coffee & office snacks
- Generous pension plans
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process.
Advert closing date: 17 February 2023