- South Africa
- Intrepid Travel
As the largest travel B Corp globally Intrepid creates positive change through the joy of travel by offering sustainable, experience-rich travel and providing the best travel experiences ever, for both the people and the planet. Travel to us is a force for good and we want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world. So, let’s change the way we all see the world, together as now more than ever, the world needs Intrepid people.
Drivers with Intrepid
In South Africa, tours are delivered by Independent Freelance Group Leaders, and as a Driver, with Intrepid you will partner with them to ensure that our customers are taken care of while traveling with us. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the safe transportation of our travellers to and from various destinations, assisting them on entry and exit from vehicles as needed and acting as a company ambassador when dealing with customers.
You will ensure the vehicles are kept free from damage, and clean, and ensure the vehicle is in a proper safe condition to drive, following specified routes, working to time schedules and always complying with traffic regulations to ensure our customers have a smooth and safe ride will be your top priorities. With Intrepid you will be ensuring that the work you do has meaning, as Intrepid focuses on giving back and investing in your local community, which is why use local cooks, leaders, and local operators and ensure we give back to the destination at every opportunity.
To be successful as a Driver with Intrepid you will require:
- First Aid Certificate
- Driver’s License code 10 (C1) with PDP (Professional Driver Permit)
- Police Clearance
- Valid passport for six months
- Good driving record & defensive driving skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Be able to frequently lift up to 100 lbs, and maintain good physical condition that will enable Driver to stoop, bend, twist, and perform other motions, requiring strength and endurance when performing manual labor indoors or outdoors.
- Essential literacy and numeracy skills.
- Read, write, understand, and communicate clearly in English.
You will be dependable, exhibit great leadership skills while being readily adaptable to changes as we come across them and have an absolute commitment to delivering the best possible customer experience. But more importantly, you will have a commitment to Intrepid’s responsible travel philosophy and share in our core values of integrity, innovation, fun, passion, growth, and responsibility.
What it’s like to be a Driver with Intrepid:
We know everyone’s journey is different, we support an inclusive culture where our people, travelers, and partners can truly be themselves. We believe our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit, and we’re committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Intrepid will offer you
- Departures through the year of diverse itineraries to lead, including a hike, bike and kayak adventure, festival trips, family tours and foodie experiences
- Travel to/from the trip included
- Accommodation at the hotel where the guest stay (generally) & some meals included
- Access to e-learning platforms, comprehensive leader training & internal career opportunities
- Travel discounts for you to experience Intrepid as a passenger
- Recognition and celebration with awards nights
- Opportunity support not-for-profit Intrepid foundations projects
We are excited to hear from you, and we encourage you to not delay your application as we will be screening applications as they are received and will close advertising early once positions are filled