- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- The Aurum Institute
The Driver Provide safe secure and timely driving services for the day-to-day operations of the Company, including driving the mobile units to ensure access of HIV prevention and testing services to employees outside the workplace. This position is responsible for proper running and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Attached to capture, record and report on all data collected from TB screening in communities and facilities
- Generates daily, weekly and monthly reporting of data for reporting
- Collect and verify data monthly and quarterly to ensure data quality and conduct data clean-up as required.
- Provide system generated data and compile reports on successes and challenges to the facility, sub-district/district monthly and quarterly
- Filing and administrative duties and perform any ad-hoc duties as required
- Set up and prepare for daily activities.
- Prepare the vehicle for community outreach and maintain an accurate vehicle log
Qualifications and Requirements
- Grade 12
- Two (2) years’ experience in data capturing and reporting
- Two years as a driver
- Experience in recording and reporting of TB and HIV data
- Knowledge of capturing data in any health M&E systems (TIER.net. and/or DHIS) will be advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Packages
- Effective data management skills
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Valid South African code 10 driver’s license plus PDP
- Ensure compliance with all local driving laws and regulations.
- Willing to travel and work after hours
- Valid code A Driver’s license
- Valid Professional Drivers Permit (PDP)
- Understanding of specimen handling and transportation
- Fluency in local languages (Zulu, Setswana, English, SeSotho, Xhosa, Afrikaans)
- Practical experience with Road Legislation
- SA Citizen or valid work permit to work in South Africa
- Willing to work overtime
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Decision making ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Customer focus
- Results driven
- Good conflict resolution skills
Closing date: 24 November 2022
Kindly provide current and relevant references for background checks
All appointments are subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary security clearance, reference checking and competency assessment. We embrace employment equity and are committed to achievement of fair and equal representation of our workforce. Preference will be given to internal applicants and candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
Aurum welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities
Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful. All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
Work Level Skilled Job Type Contract Salary Market Related Duration EE Position No Location Durban