- Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
- Lotus HR & Recruitment
Our client, a prestigious turnkey engineering solutions company, focuses on steel fabrication, seeks to employ a qualified and experienced Mechanical Draughtsman, with solid background in 3D draughting and modelling for projects in the mining, renewable energy and oil & gas sector, to join their dynamic and progressive technical
Please note that this is a junior to mid-career level role, specifically focused on 3D model renderings in structural steel construction.
KEY REQUIREMENTS TO MEET FOR CONSIDERATION
You must be able to work independently and accurately keep records and be proactive in your approach to ensuring the profitability of the company.
- You will have a tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, coupled 1-3 years experience in draughting and 3D modelling of heavy structural steel structures and mechanical systems.
- You will be able to transfer client drawing into fabrication ready models, and create shop detail drawings from fabrication models.
- You will have proven experience in creating DXF’s, cutting lists and related deliverables from fabrication models
- You must have exceptional communication skills, be able to work as part of a fast paced and precise team, as well as be meticulous in record keeping, and ensuring the highest standards are upheld
- CAD Draughting or related CAD software proficiency essential
- You must have a valid driver’s licence, own car and a clear criminal and credit record
Please note that should you not be currently resident in the region and area advertised but still wish to apply, the cost of travel for interviews and relocation will be for your expense.
Due to the exceptionally high volume of applications, we are unable to correspond with each applicant personally, therefore only relevant and suitable candidates will be contacted.
Should you not receive any correspondence from our company within 30 days, we regret your application has been unsuccessful.
Should you meet the criteria and wish to apply, kindly forward your CV, salary package details and notice period